PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think you see in this picture.

ghostman1960
07-22-11, 16:28
These 2 pictures where taken one after another with the bottom picture being the first. I was trying to get some pictures of fireflies the other night while I was up in Canada. I was the only one out there and I do not smoke so it is not cigarette smoke. The stuff on the table is from earlier in the day.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/ghostman1961/2011-07-19213652.jpg Pic 2
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/ghostman1961/2011-07-19213702.jpg Pic 1

one
07-22-11, 16:35
A fat canadian ghost?

ghostman1960
07-22-11, 16:40
A fat canadian ghost?

With a wide brimmed hat on. There was a old cemetery three houses down.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/ghostman1961/2011-07-19125328.jpg

SteyrAUG
07-22-11, 17:05
Why would the hat have a ghost?

Did it lead a good life and go to heaven?

Zhurdan
07-22-11, 17:19
Dude, there's green gum on your table!!! Gross!

Were they the first pictures you took? Was the camera in your pocket prior to taking pictures? Was it hot?

Could be steam from sitting in your pocket that hadn't cleared from the lens.

ghostman1960
07-22-11, 17:26
Dude, there's green gum on your table!!! Gross!

Were they the first pictures you took? Was the camera in your pocket prior to taking pictures? Was it hot?

Could be steam from sitting in your pocket that hadn't cleared from the lens.

If you read what I wrote you would have seen that the picture on the bottom was the first one taken.

The second picture on top was taken immediately after the first one. It could not develop fog on the lens in half a second after the first one was taken.

Zhurdan
07-22-11, 17:30
If you read what I wrote you would have seen that the picture on the bottom was the first one taken.

The second picture on top was taken immediately after the first one.

Fine.. still applies. Glass can still remain clear until the difference in temperature reaches the point of condensation. You'll see it all the time on sunglasses when leaving a cool room into the sun. The glass doesn't fog up immediately.

Crow Hunter
07-22-11, 17:35
Looks like the ghost of a giant bunny is sitting on your table.

Probably a bug.

Why were you taking a picture of an empty table? Not once, but twice... I know I take some odd pictures but umm....

What is the little string thing hanging in space in the picture you took 1st? (Bottom picture)

Hear the skeeters are pretty big way up north. :D

ETA. Oh, fire flies. You should probably turn off the flash if you want to take pictures of fire flies. :) Unless you REALLY wanted to take a picture of a giant rabbit ghost taking a poop on your deck furniture.

ghostman1960
07-22-11, 17:48
Looks like the ghost of a giant bunny is sitting on your table.

Probably a bug.

Why were you taking a picture of an empty table? Not once, but twice... I know I take some odd pictures but umm....

What is the little string thing hanging in space in the picture you took 1st? (Bottom picture)

Hear the skeeters are pretty big way up north. :D

ETA. Oh, fire flies. You should probably turn off the flash if you want to take pictures of fire flies. :) Unless you REALLY wanted to take a picture of a giant rabbit ghost taking a poop on your deck furniture.

The little string thing is a firefly that I was taking a picture of.

montanadave
07-22-11, 18:00
The vapor in the second pic is the firefly's contrail. Or perhaps he spontaneously combusted after being illuminated by the first flash due to some sort of internal photochemical reaction.

Did you hear a "POP" or a tiny scream?

Crow Hunter
07-22-11, 18:54
The little string thing is a firefly that I was taking a picture of.

Aha.

If the lightning bug light showed up as a line, your aperature was open for a while.

That pooping bunny ghost was probably an over exposed bug wing.

You have found the secret of ghost photography. Focus on a stationary object in low light and catch something moving fast.

HK51Fan
07-23-11, 16:43
Did your dog fart?

Did you?

PaulL
07-23-11, 17:32
Your hand probably redirected your breath onto the lens. I've done it myself. That's assuming you were breathing, which, if not, means that you are in fact yourself a ghost playing a cruel trick on the mortals.

Honu
07-23-11, 21:42
what was the weather ? hot cold humid not ?

could be scatter of your breath from the flash if it was cold or condensation on the lens if humid yes it happens that quick in some cases :)
the other thing if something bounces the flash back against the lens can look like this ? such as your finger a bit on front of the flash and it bounces against the lens causing this look sometimes and if your lens is a bit dirty or has some oils you dont see you would get that defined look from it

looks more like some kind of flash flare cause of the shape though

then again could be some kind of poltergeist thing going on hope its a nice one ;)

BrianS
07-24-11, 03:33
The vapor in the second pic is the firefly's contrail. Or perhaps he spontaneously combusted after being illuminated by the first flash due to some sort of internal photochemical reaction.

Did you hear a "POP" or a tiny scream?

No, but if these pictures were taken yesterday I was receiving some fairly unusual transmissions through my tinfoil hat all day.

skyugo
07-24-11, 12:23
No, but if these pictures were taken yesterday I was receiving some fairly unusual transmissions through my tinfoil hat all day.

switch to a soup can helmet, you won't get any undesired transmissions.

GermanSynergy
07-24-11, 14:42
The house is cursed. Save yourself! :D

mr_smiles
07-24-11, 16:52
Why would the hat have a ghost?

:lol: When I become a ghost I'm going ass naked - they will know me as the dingaling creeper hehe :D

07-24-11, 17:30
Pretty sure that's Elvis.