PDA

View Full Version : Medical Pouch needed

rickp
07-23-11, 17:09
Hey guys,
I'm in need of a medical pouch. Preferably I would like it to be Molle just to have the option of attaching to the outside of a pack.

Now I've done a BUNCH of searching on the internet but all the pouches are just a bit too small for what I need. All the pouches I found were about 7.5/8 x 6 x 3.5 or smaller. I need it to be just a bit bigger than that. If I could find something about 9 x 7 x 4.5 I think that would do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
R.

Axcelea
07-24-11, 14:09
Looking for something marked as medical (cross embroidered on it as example), dividers, no dividers, separate compartments, one compartment, tear away, or just any molle compatible pouch to use for a medical pouch?

Just to throw it out there if any molle pouch will do, 5.11 has 10X6 and 6X10 pouches that are 3.5 or so deep and might fit the bill.

Seems a bit much though, any chance your in a situation you can also split it between a booboo and a trauma one?

rickp
07-24-11, 14:54
Separators are not that big of a deal to be honest. Even though I would like a section or 2 to put things in separate places. I found this that seems to fit the bill. Only draw is that it doesn't have MOLLE but, again, not that big of an issue.

Check out the specs size. I don't need the contents of course.

http://www.narescue.com/NAR-4_Chest_Pouch_-_Coyote-CND221D7AA966D.html?BC=!PARENTID!

Iraq Ninja
07-24-11, 16:46
I found this that seems to fit the bill. Only draw is that it doesn't have MOLLE but, again, not that big of an issue.

Check out the specs size. I don't need the contents of course.

http://www.narescue.com/NAR-4_Chest_Pouch_-_Coyote-CND221D7AA966D.html?BC=!PARENTID!

I used the exact same one for the past two years. I don't think you will like it, since it is a bit bigger than most people want. I used it since I was working as a medic and wanted a bit more supplies handy. It basically takes up the whole front of a plate carrier.

You need a smaller, true IFAK, not a chest pouch. I like the Blue Force Gear IFAK pouch.

Check on Ebay for IFAKs.

Axcelea
07-24-11, 21:01
I used the exact same one for the past two years. I don't think you will like it, since it is a bit bigger than most people want. I used it since I was working as a medic and wanted a bit more supplies handy. It basically takes up the whole front of a plate carrier.

You need a smaller, true IFAK, not a chest pouch. I like the Blue Force Gear IFAK pouch.

Check on Ebay for IFAKs.

Yeah I have a utility pouch that is 10w, 6h, and 3.5d that pretty much is just around to put across the lower back for extra room if done. 6w and 10h would pretty much take up the entire front half.

Lot of room to be dedicated for medical if not a medic. Can shove about 2 IFAKs in a 10X6 pouch. To each their own though and long as it works for them its good.

rickp
07-24-11, 21:18

Check on Ebay for IFAKs.

Really, you have it?? This wont go on a PC, I have one for that. THis is for a pack, to either throw it inside or hang it outside. It's also the reason I want a pouch with more internal room, I'm putting a few more items in it.

Let me ask you, as for the pouch itself, were you happy with it??

R.

Iraq Ninja
07-24-11, 22:15
Yes, I am very happy with the pouch. I had to wait a bit because they were waiting on production.

Big pouches tend to get heavy, since you want to fill em up.
Should be ok for a pack, but I would prefer to have a lighter pouch on the inside of the pack. External pouches get more wear and tear and the med kit inside may not last as long.

If you only carry a few mags on a vest and no other kit, it fits nicely on the side opposite of your handgun. Just make sure both your hands can reach it.

Reagans Rascals
07-25-11, 02:17
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=81954

Danny Boy
07-25-11, 10:15
Have you looked at the ATS large medic pouch? I think they're discontinued but can still be found around the place.

rickp
07-25-11, 10:28
yeah. I think I found what i was looking for.