PDA

View Full Version : Is there a market for preban Glock magazines?

rob_s
07-23-11, 19:57
I have 6 of the old non-drop-free magazines, which are obviously preban, but I don't know if there are states where this matters or not.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-23-11, 20:00
I can only speak on CA laws. Preban doesnt matter as any magazine can be purchased disassembled to be used a "rebuild kit" for magazines owned before 1999.

RiflemanBobcat
07-23-11, 20:19
Maybe New York?
That's the only State where I can remember offhand having "preban" (in Federal AWB terms) matters.

bigdave24
07-23-11, 21:07
Yes, in NY an obviously pre ban mag is worth a little more.

dookie1481
07-23-11, 21:14
I have 6 of the old non-drop-free magazines, which are obviously preban, but I don't know if there are states where this matters or not.

There is a WTB ad in the EE right now.

hatidua
07-23-11, 21:24
I see WTB ads all the time for pre-ban mags - seems the NE states need these things :confused:

Quiet
07-24-11, 14:49
AFAIK...
NY is the only state in which there is a market for pre-'94 "large capacity ammunition feeding devices".

Due to how NY state laws are written, only 11+ round magazines made before 09-14-1994 can be legally possessed by non-exempt persons in NY.

Also the burden of proof to prove when the magazines were made is on the possessor, not the state.

NY Penal Code 265.00
As used in this article and in article four hundred, the following terms shall mean and include:
23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

NY Penal Code 265.02
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:
(8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felony.

Alpha Sierra
07-24-11, 15:03
There is a huge market for them in Massachusetts. They also have an AWB that mirrors the old .fed one.

Stinx
07-24-11, 20:31
Ma has a market for Pre-ban mags.