PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Surefire Vtac L4

Tango374
07-25-11, 19:26
I guess I need some help because I can't figure this out.

I purchased SF Vtac L4 --which I have to add that I ordered on Saturday afternoon from BrightFlashLights, received a shipping confirmation less then 45 minutes after my order and received the light in the mail today (being Monday) ---- So this light is supposed to have the body of the SF E2D with the tail cap and the bezel of the Scout.
Took the light out of the package, made sure the light's bezel and tailcap were threaded on snug and hit the "momentary on" by not fully depressing the switch until it clicked....Lit up great.
Then I went to try out the "constant on" by pressing the switch until it clicked, the light turned on however when I released the button it turned off.
I went over the instructions twice but to the best of knowledge it doesn't explain anything. Also the instructions that came with this light are for the E2D, so I guess I don't know if there are any differences in the two tailcaps.

What am I missing?

Tango374
07-25-11, 22:20
All is well.
Apparently I had a tailcap that needed a break in period.

Took the light apart a half dozen times, kept clicking the switch and eventually the constant on started working.

To be honest, I'm very slightly nervous with this out of the box performance so I'll be keeping an eye on this unit, but for the most part I'm confident.