PDA

View Full Version : NREMT Exam

MJDGator
07-26-11, 20:26
I am taking the NREMT exam Aug 13th. Any pitfalls to watch out for on the exam? I don't think it should be too much of a problem. I got 90's and up on all my lecture and lab grades. From what I have heard the NREMT exam is a little easier than the final I took for my lecture class. I just have to do the written part. The practical exam from my class counts as my NREMT practical.

Gutshot John
07-26-11, 20:40
The EMT-B exam is pretty striaghtforward. If you've done well in the program so far, just be sure to read the questions carefully and remember that there is not always a perfect answer, or 3/4 answers are wrong.

GIJew766
07-26-11, 21:11
NREMT is a pretty easy test, considering you don't need to do the practical again. Best advice is to understand that the test isn't like a regular test.

You have a question at a skill level, say 6 to start out. You get it right, it moves you up to a skill level 7 question. If you get the level 6 wrong, it drops you to a level 5. Eventually, you'll get to a point where you're getting one right, then one wrong and so on and so forth. Don't schiz out. The test is designed to test the level of your competency. It's designed to get you to apply concepts as opposed to if you know the concept.

H

brit
07-26-11, 21:47
the other guys are spot on.
Another thing to remember is that the Test wants to you to give the BEST answer. the NR test likes to give you a lot of repeat questions too. I had at least 8 OB related questions on my test and it still shut off at 71. If you did well in the class, you should do great on the test.

Good Luck!

SteveL
07-27-11, 14:28
Are you taking the basic or intermediate test?

MJDGator
07-27-11, 17:23
Are you taking the basic or intermediate test?

I am taking the Basic. Florida to my knowledge doesn't recognize Intermediate. So once I finish this I will work towards EMT-P.

One of my partners in class just took it today and he got cut off at 67 questions so I am thinking he knocked it out of the park.

SteveL
07-27-11, 19:28
I am taking the Basic. Florida to my knowledge doesn't recognize Intermediate. So once I finish this I will work towards EMT-P.

One of my partners in class just took it today and he got cut off at 67 questions so I am thinking he knocked it out of the park.

You're correct, but I had no idea what state you're in. FL uses the basic cert but not the intermediate. You shouldn't have any trouble with it.

MJDGator
07-27-11, 20:15
You're correct, but I had no idea what state you're in. FL uses the basic cert but not the intermediate. You shouldn't have any trouble with it.

Whoops...updated my profile so my location is listed. Thanks for all of the info everyone.

hwkeye1911
07-29-11, 23:50
My best advice is don't assume anything. If it doesn't say you have secured your airway, you haven't. I used to teach the refresher course for the AF and so many of my techs would get into trouble because they just assumed that things had already been done and jumped further into their assessment. Also, as stated above, two answers will be wrong, the other two could both be correct, you have to decided what is more right based up on your order of interventions and assessment. Good luck!

MJDGator
08-13-11, 09:00
Hmmmm...just took my exam and I got through 112 questions. Not sure but I think that is bad. I guess I will find out on Monday. :(

jklaughrey
08-13-11, 21:17
I taught my grunts to pass the NREMT-B. I was a certified instructor. If I can get 0311's to pass,anyone can...within reason!:D

MJDGator
08-15-11, 09:21
Sweet! I passed! Thats a relief. :cool:

SteveL
08-15-11, 15:11
Congratulations!

When I took mine the test was still done on paper and you were lucky to find out within 30 days.