PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with 5.45 Krink build

crossgun
07-26-11, 21:34
For some dumb ass reason I have the bug to build a 5.45 Krink. I found some pretty nice kits but not sure where to get a short 5.45 barrel. HELP

Any info about kits or other componets would be greatly appreciated. Not going forward until I know ALL the parts can be had

JOHNO
07-26-11, 21:59
I don't know of any avaliable krink kits currently on the market but let me check around. You'll probably have to piece a kit together over time.

Keep an eye on the different forum equipment exchanges/market places. Gunbroker is also a good resource.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=243265605

oef24
07-26-11, 22:20
I have seen some of the R-Guns Tula 5.45 Krink kits. The only person I have seen offering complete builds or barrels is Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics. He has 5.45 barrels with the correct faster twist rate. Look him up.

www.rifledynamics.com

O

decodeddiesel
07-26-11, 23:20
I am in the same boat right now. I have my kit and my receiver, I am waiting on a barrel. Bluejack on The AK Forums has made US made replica barrels which feature the correct twist rate, chrome lining, correctly faced crown, etc. His next generation barrels should have the correct Russian land/groove dimensions, and the gas port drilled in a groove as well as the other featured I mentioned. Problem is these could be months out, so you will have to wait.

The other option is a Bulgarian 5.45 AK74 barrel massaged into a Krink barrel. The twist rate will be off, but it will be CHF and made on Soviet barrel hammer forging machines. I have spoken to a few smiths about it and it seems to work, especially with 7N6. I have been speaking to Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms about this build and I think I am going to use him when I get all of my parts together.

LHS
07-27-11, 19:30
I am in the same boat right now. I have my kit and my receiver, I am waiting on a barrel. Bluejack on The AK Forums has made US made replica barrels which feature the correct twist rate, chrome lining, correctly faced crown, etc. His next generation barrels should have the correct Russian land/groove dimensions, and the gas port drilled in a groove as well as the other featured I mentioned. Problem is these could be months out, so you will have to wait.

I just got off the phone with Bluejack, he says his latest batch of 100 barrels will be done in about 2-3 weeks. They're almost ready to be sent to be chromed.

evolixsurf
07-28-11, 22:08
yea, I would either go with a bluejack or try to find a virgin E. German. If you cant find either, ive got a new bulgarian take off which any competant builder can make work.

Register at theakforum and read read read...