PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen 1 with 3.5 Connector and Gen 2 G19 Questions

outrider627
07-27-11, 13:25
I installed a "-" connector in my dads Gen 1 G17. The trigger went from having a consistent feel through out the pull to feeling very soft with a sudden increase in resistance right before the break. This G17 still has the original pre '92 recall internals, which means the trigger bar does not have the smooth curve of the newer firing pin safety interface. I was thinking maybe I could improve the trigger feel with a new Gen 3 trigger bar, a polished and rounded firing pin safety, and maybe a new trigger spring. Is this a good way to go? My dad had wanted the lighter pull of the "-" connector, but I didn't know it changed the overall feel of the trigger pull so much.

Second question, are Gen 2 G19s a good choice for a carry pistol? Are there any major issues with older glocks besides the 92 recall? When ive been looking for glock parts, a couple sites have a note about pre-EH serial number 19s. Whats that about? Other than the rail, is there any reason to go with a Gen 3 or 4 instead?

glen
07-27-11, 18:11
The principle of the "-" connector is such that it will lighten and change the characterstics of the trigger pull.

Upgrading parts and polishing may smoothen or change the feel slightly but they will for the most part still feel different from each other ("-" vs standard connector)

Your plan for the 17 sounds fine. Those parts are inexpensive and you could always go back to the old configuration if you dont like it.

Gen 2 compacts are fine carry guns. If they dont fall under the E prefix frame recall I wouldnt worry about it. I used to carry a C prefix G23 for a long time and it was always reliable. Only got into gen 3 for the rail.