PDA

View Full Version : Deleted movie scenes: "Lethal Weapon"

Slater
07-28-11, 07:00
In this unused scene, Riggs faces down a sniper with his Beretta. Don't think he used 15 shots, but did Berettas always have 15 round mags?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAvNfCbQJk

Lumpy196
07-28-11, 09:43
15 is the standard Beretta 92 magazine capacity.

What did you think it was?

My God, that scene double the retardery that movie contains.

woodandsteel
07-28-11, 09:44
What a silly scene. Glad it didn't make the final cut.

As far as I know, they always came with 15 round magazines. The one I bought in 1991 came standard with two 15 round magazines.

LHS
07-28-11, 09:57
My God, that scene double the retardery that movie contains.

Sad thing is, now we know that Riggs' insanity wasn't all acting...

120mm
07-28-11, 10:45
Lethal weapon is a bunch of anti-gun bullshit, while simultaneously glorifying gun violence.

Amazing the hyprocrisy Hollywood engages in.

SteyrAUG
07-28-11, 11:24
What a silly scene. Glad it didn't make the final cut.

Some of you guys need to watch the movie again, it is in there.

woodandsteel
07-28-11, 11:48
Lethal weapon is a bunch of anti-gun bullshit, while simultaneously glorifying gun violence.

Funny thing, that movie is probably the reason a lot of people bought Berettas back in the late 80's early 90's.

eta; But, you're right...a lot of anti gun bs in the Lethal Weapon series.

Serious? I'll need to go through my old VHS cassettes and see if I can find a working copy of that movie. It has been bout 20 years since I've seen it.

R/Tdrvr
07-28-11, 12:09

THIS^^^^^

Pretty much every movie Richard Donner made had some anti-gun message. I remember one scene in Assassins where Stallone was smashing Antonio Banderas against a bus, and there was a big anti-NRA sign on the bus. Same for LW 2,3, and 4. Anti-gun messages all over the place. :rolleyes:

Lumpy196
07-28-11, 12:21

I've probably seen that movie a dozen times over the last 24 years, and I've never seen that scene.

Everything on line says it was a deleted scene from the original theatrical release, and was added back on the "Directors Cut" DVD.

Slater
07-28-11, 12:47
Wonder if this was the first movie to feature the Beretta 92 so prominently?

Littlelebowski
07-28-11, 12:51
THIS^^^^^

Pretty much every movie Richard Donner made had some anti-gun message. I remember one scene in Assassins where Stallone was smashing Antonio Banderas against a bus, and there was a big anti-NRA sign on the bus. Same for LW 2,3, and 4. Anti-gun messages all over the place. :rolleyes:

Stallone is antigun himself. **** him.

R/Tdrvr
07-28-11, 12:58
Stallone is antigun himself. **** him.

As well as Kalifornia's last governor.

Magic_Salad0892
07-28-11, 13:02
I haven't seen these movies in a while, so can somebody help a retard and name me some of the anti-gun BS that was in 'em?

I don't wanna watch them again to find out. I hated the second and third movies.

BTW: Assassins was a piece of shit.

Lumpy196
07-28-11, 13:42
I haven't seen these movies in a while, so can somebody help a retard and name me some of the anti-gun BS that was in 'em?

I don't wanna watch them again to find out. I hated the second and third movies.

BTW: Assassins was a piece of shit.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117478283?refCatId=2

Anti-NRA posters in the police station, standard HCI propaganda about "cop killer bullets," and "Assault weapons," mourning parents asking them to "find the man that put a gun in my son's hand."

The LW movies are a treasure trove of leftist Cali-style propaganda, all the way down to a dolphin-safe tuna message.

SteyrAUG
07-28-11, 13:58
I've probably seen that movie a dozen times over the last 24 years, and I've never seen that scene.

Everything on line says it was a deleted scene from the original theatrical release, and was added back on the "Directors Cut" DVD.

I must be watching the Director Cut version on DVD then. I haven't watched my VHS copy in years.

Moose-Knuckle
07-28-11, 15:59
Yeah that was not in the original version, has to be the director's cut DVD.

The biggest douche bag of all in the LW series is Danny Glover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Glover

BrianS
07-28-11, 16:44
LOL! Man that scene is bad! Why would they add that in to the director's cut?

TOrrock
07-28-11, 17:33
This is the guy that got me to buy a Beretta M92F in 1989......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Movie%20guns/john-mcclane-zippo-lighter-die-hard-blu-ray-cap1.jpg

:ph34r:

Zhurdan
07-28-11, 17:49
This is the guy that got me to buy a Beretta M92F in 1989......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Movie%20guns/john-mcclane-zippo-lighter-die-hard-blu-ray-cap1.jpg

:ph34r:

...and an MP5 and an AUG and a candy bar...
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/835/835131/asian-terrorist_01_1195009531_640w.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

SteyrAUG
07-28-11, 18:24
...and an MP5 and an AUG and a candy bar...
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/835/835131/asian-terrorist_01_1195009531_640w.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Die Hard was probably the first movie where I decided to get every gun in that movie. Was working pretty good till Heat came out.

Magic_Salad0892
07-28-11, 19:26
Yeah that was not in the original version, has to be the director's cut DVD.

The biggest douche bag of all in the LW series is Danny Glover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Glover

I like those movies a lot less now.

Wasn't Die Hard pretty anti-gun too though?

LHS
07-28-11, 19:57
I like those movies a lot less now.

Wasn't Die Hard pretty anti-gun too though?

I don't recall a lot of anti-gun stuff in the original, but #2 was certainly pretty bad with its reference to a 'Glock Seven, made of ceramic, invisible to metal detectors and costs more than you make in a month'.

Moose-Knuckle
07-28-11, 20:16
I don't recall a lot of anti-gun stuff in the original, but #2 was certainly pretty bad with its reference to a 'Glock Seven, made of ceramic, invisible to metal detectors and costs more than you make in a month'.

Yeap that was picked up by the anti media a ran with. :rolleyes:

Sam
07-28-11, 20:27
Did anybody pay attention to what Gibson do?

He racked the slide, which appeared to lock open, then quickly released the slide, you have to really pay attention to see this.
THEN, he COCKED the hammer!

He proceeded to run his mouth with the "sniper",
THEN, he COCKED the hammer again! before he started shooting.

That hammer just don't want to stay cocked. LOL.

LHS
07-28-11, 20:27
Die Hard was the first movie where I fired every type of weapon used in the film. I remember the early 90s and grinning with an MP5 and an AUG. Surprisingly enough, I didn't get into Berettas until the late 90s/early 2000s, as I grew up steeped in the 70s/80s Gunsite culture that mandated the use of a 'manly' caliber in any fighting handgun.

I still maintain that Die Hard is the best of the 80s action movies (which is a bold statement, seeing that it's in such company as Red Dawn, Predator, Aliens, The Terminator, etc), and by far the best Christmas movie, even moreso than A Christmas Story.

SteyrAUG
07-28-11, 23:52
Die Hard was the first movie where I fired every type of weapon used in the film. I remember the early 90s and grinning with an MP5 and an AUG. Surprisingly enough, I didn't get into Berettas until the late 90s/early 2000s, as I grew up steeped in the 70s/80s Gunsite culture that mandated the use of a 'manly' caliber in any fighting handgun.

I still maintain that Die Hard is the best of the 80s action movies (which is a bold statement, seeing that it's in such company as Red Dawn, Predator, Aliens, The Terminator, etc), and by far the best Christmas movie, even moreso than A Christmas Story.

I was right there with you until that last statement.

LHS
07-28-11, 23:54
I was right there with you until that last statement.

Don't get me wrong, A Christmas Story is one of the greatest movies of all time. But if I had to choose one to watch at Christmastime, Die Hard wins by a hair's breadth, if only because it makes my mother-in-law cringe every time she sees a firearm.

SteyrAUG
07-28-11, 23:59
Don't get me wrong, A Christmas Story is one of the greatest movies of all time. But if I had to choose one to watch at Christmastime, Die Hard wins by a hair's breadth, if only because it makes my mother-in-law cringe every time she sees a firearm.

It's in my top 10, the only way it could have been better is if they NEVER made any of the sequels. It's one of those rare few movies that got it all done PERFECTLY the first time.

LHS
07-29-11, 00:02
It's in my top 10, the only way it could have been better is if they NEVER made any of the sequels. It's one of those rare few movies that got it all done PERFECTLY the first time.

The problem with the sequels is that they lacked Hans Gruber. He had every bit as much to do with the movie's awesomeness as Bruce Willis.

Slater
07-29-11, 00:17
How about "Die Hard meets Predator"? :p

LHS
07-29-11, 00:20
How about "Die Hard meets Predator"? :p

Cease thy blasphemy, infidel!

variablebinary
07-29-11, 01:52

Watched it recently. It's not in the movie.

And Lethal Weapon is still a cool 80's action flick, as is Die Hard.

Though, Die Hard turned me onto guns in a big way when I was a kid.

Magic_Salad0892
07-29-11, 02:38
Die Hard 3 with Sam Jackson was badass. I don't care what you guys say. :D

SteyrAUG
07-29-11, 11:52

It sucked. Only reason I watched it was because Colleen Camp was in it.

Magic_Salad0892
07-29-11, 16:36
It sucked. Only reason I watched it was because Colleen Camp was in it.

How can you say a thing like that?

SteyrAUG
07-29-11, 18:17

Didn't suck as bad as some of the other sequels, but it still sucked. The whole Simon Says things was stupid. Die Hard 2 actually had a more sophisticated plot line.

LHS
07-30-11, 00:52

Alan Rickman > Jeremy Irons.

Magic_Salad0892
07-30-11, 03:12
Alan Rickman > Jeremy Irons.

True, but you can't say Jeremy Irons sucks.

It was gay that they pulled the whole brother thing, but the movie was good.

I still laugh at how long it took the grenades to cook off in the plane in DH2 though.

Crow Hunter
07-30-11, 08:01

He ruins any movie he is in, IMHO.

I can't think of a single movie that he has ever been in that once his character appears and speaks, it improves.

Pulp Fiction (which is a stupid, moronic movie) is his best performance, and it should have remained his only perfomance, in my opinion.

But I seriously dislike his personal 1 dimension loudmouthed acting style. If they wanted a strong black lead they should have picked Laurence Fishburne, much better actor and doesn't have that grating voice and bugging eyed "What you talking about Willis" look every time he freaking talks.

Can you tell I really dislike Samuel Loudmouthed Jackson? :D

joffe
07-30-11, 08:14
Bruce Willis is a stand-up guy too. The magnetic opposite of Danny Glover, etc.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/willis-speaks-out-for-guns_30_04_2006

LHS
07-30-11, 08:54

It was gay that they pulled the whole brother thing, but the movie was good.

I still laugh at how long it took the grenades to cook off in the plane in DH2 though.

I can't think of a single movie he's been in that I liked. He ruined Appaloosa.

SteyrAUG
07-30-11, 11:35

I can't think of a single movie that he has ever been in that once his character appears and speaks, it improves.

Rules of Engagement (2000)

He did a decent job in Jackie Brown too. The problem with Jackson is in most movies they have him play Sam Jackson and because the movie usually sucks, simply having Sam Jackson there to play Sam Jackson just won't save it anymore than Eddie Murphy is guaranteed to rescue your shitty comedy simply by being Eddie Murphy.

This was actually the genius of the "idea"behind Snakes on a Plane, which was meant to be high parody of this idea only if failed miserably and simply became another stupid movie with Sam Jackson in it.

The best part about ROE is Sam Jackson is actually being asked to be an actor and to play a character other than his marketed persona. And he actually does a very good job with it. 187 is another film where he does the same thing and it is also an ok film.

LHS
07-30-11, 11:42

Pulp Fiction (which is a stupid, moronic movie) is his best performance, and it should have remained his only perfomance, in my opinion.

But I seriously dislike his personal 1 dimension loudmouthed acting style. If they wanted a strong black lead they should have picked Laurence Fishburne, much better actor and doesn't have that grating voice and bugging eyed "What you talking about Willis" look every time he freaking talks.

Basic was good too. And hell, I LOVE Pulp Fiction. It's one of the best movies of the 90s. I also don't think he ever really pulled his Samuel Jackson routine in Jurassic Park, either.

parishioner
07-30-11, 12:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQHec6kR3eg

couldn't resist :D

Crow Hunter
07-30-11, 12:26
Rules of Engagement (2000)

I haven't seen that one. I'll put it on my list. I am probably a little bit of the problem, since if I see Sam Jackson on it, I refuse to watch it.

I still don't like Pulp Fiction though.:D

SteyrAUG
07-30-11, 12:47
I haven't seen that one. I'll put it on my list. I am probably a little bit of the problem, since if I see Sam Jackson on it, I refuse to watch it.

I still don't like Pulp Fiction though.:D

Took me several viewing to start to like Pulp Fiction. There are still huge parts of it I dislike.

LHS
07-30-11, 13:16
At least Pulp Fiction has consequences when drugged-out idiots break multiple firearms safety rules.

GermanSynergy
07-30-11, 13:28
The LW series are nothing but cheap propaganda ploys for the Brady Campaign. I'll say I didn't like any of them.

Crow Hunter
07-30-11, 14:21
Took me several viewing to start to like Pulp Fiction. There are still huge parts of it I dislike.

I saw it one time. LONG after it was out because I had heard how great it was. I thought it was stupid and pointless. There were a few okay scenes, mostly the ones that I had heard about, but the rest of it was typical Tarantino crap.

I also don't like Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, or most of the other pointless random violence for the sake of making people squirm in the name of "art" crap that Tarantino makes is worth watching either.

I am always reminded of that cartoon where Calvin is showing Hobbes "low brow" newspaper cartoons and "high brow art" cartoons, I have the same feeling about B movies and Quentin Tarantino.

I did think from Dusk to Dawn was okay, but I think that was the snake and Salma Hayek....;)

For the sake of full disclosure, I also think the Godfather series is boring and pointless.

I am just not cool.:D

SteyrAUG
07-30-11, 14:42
I saw it one time. LONG after it was out because I had heard how great it was. I thought it was stupid and pointless. There were a few okay scenes, mostly the ones that I had heard about, but the rest of it was typical Tarantino crap.

The problem with Tarantino is he is talented and has a capacity to be clever. However instead of simply using those talents to make good movies he makes movies to attempt to PROVE how talented and clever he is. It's a lot like a comic who laughs at his own jokes, suddenly he isn't very funny.

And when a film serves no other purpose than to demonstrate that you went to film school and have clever ideas, it rarely results in a clever movie. Parts of Pulp Fiction were brilliant, parts should have been left on the cutting room floor.

I also don't like Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs, or most of the other pointless random violence for the sake of making people squirm in the name of "art" crap that Tarantino makes is worth watching either.

Kill Bill SUCKED. His attempted homage to chanbara and Shaw Bros was nothing more than a beautifully photographed turd. It struggled to be "as good" as old episodes of the TV show "Kung Fu" and they aren't exactly setting the bar that high to begin with.

The absolute worst one was Natural Born Killers, perhaps the WORST mainstream movie I have ever seen. Resevoir Dogs was at least "about something" and had some substance as a realistic gangster film where people who do this shit are actually very ****ed up rather than likable "goodfellas" who just happen to be in the Mafia. But it relies too heavily on shock and gore rather than strong story telling and character development.

For the sake of full disclosure, I also think the Godfather series is boring and pointless.

I am just not cool.:D

By todays standards where movies need X number of shootouts and X number of explosions...it is. But it is also a better film than 90% of the crap that has been made since. Also one must consider that GF was most people first introduction to a serious "mafia" film. If you thought GF was a snooze, then you really don't want to see Mean Streets (1973) which everyone considers the first Scorcese gangster epic.

Unlike todays films GF had powerful themes and ideas, and I'll take that over powerful imagery every time.

Moose-Knuckle
07-30-11, 15:45
I for one am a huge fan of Taratino's work. His dialogue alone is worth watching his films for me. He is also sort of a maverick in Hollywood; studios go along with him due to his profit margins. Taratino never cut or added anything to any of his films and or scripts that a studio wanted him too. If you are ever in Austin you might bump into him. In person he is not a douche like MANY in the movie making business are.

What I really like about him is that he cannot stomach the same action movie crap that has been regurgitated time and again. Tarantino once said in an interview that "if a director can do action well, then he can do anything because action movies are the hardest to do right."

We are talking about the LW series and the DH series obviously; they have their fan base here on M4C. To date I don't have any of them in my personal library due to their corporate Hollywood action cookie cutter content, but meh it's a free country. :p

SteyrAUG
07-30-11, 15:55
I for one am a huge fan of Taratino's work. His dialogue alone is worth watching his films for me. He is also sort of a maverick in Hollywood; studios go along with him due to his profit margins. Taratino never cut or added anything to any of his films and or scripts that a studio wanted him too. If you are ever in Austin you might bump into him. In person he is not a douche like MANY in the movie making business are.

What I really like about him is that he cannot stomach the same action movie crap that has been regurgitated time and again. Tarantino once said in an interview that "if a director can do action well, then he can do anything because action movies are the hardest to do right."

We are talking about the LW series and the DH series obviously; they have their fan base here on M4C. To date I don't have any of them in my personal library due to their corporate Hollywood action cookie cutter content, but meh it's a free country. :p

I'm not sure I'd qualify Die Hard I as "cookie cutter." In fact one of the reasons I like it so much is that it is unlike most other films of it's kind. Now you can argue it "became" the cookie that all others were copied but you can't blame the original for that.

And Tarantino is a douche if for no other reason than he owns the rights to Zatoichi 13 which prevents it's release on DVD and prevents me from having the complete series. I wish he'd just go ahead and do his Zatoichi travesty so the original can see a proper DVD release as a promotional gimmick.

Moose-Knuckle
07-30-11, 16:31
I'm not sure I'd qualify Die Hard I as "cookie cutter." In fact one of the reasons I like it so much is that it is unlike most other films of it's kind.

Well we can agree to disagree.

Die Hard (IMHO) was the same lone tough guy up against the BGs. Some how the typical weaker female interest is threatened by said BGs, thousands upon thousands shots fired, typical tough guy one liners, expensive pyrotechnics, and at the end of the story the hero kills all the BGs. This is the same plot played out time and again in action movies.

What was interesting about DH is it what launched Bruce Willis to uber stardom. Before that he was known for the quirky romantic sitcom series Moonlighting. I remember when DH was released everyone in the media was like WTF? No one could see him as an action hero since it was the tell end of the 80's where we had such a massive string of action hero types like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, and the like. During an interview for the Expendables Stallone commented that 1989 was the end of the action hero as we knew it due to Michael Keaton's Batman, "if a guy can just put a muscle suit on then why have I been going to the gym all these years?" LOL.

SteyrAUG
07-30-11, 21:37
Die Hard (IMHO) was the same lone tough guy up against the BGs.

Not really. He was kinda of an anti Rambo. He was just an average guy / ordinary cop who apparently can't even get a handle on his life and family situation and ends up in something way over his head that he has no real training for at all.

The film is about this regular guy rising to the occasion which permits him to later have a better perspective (and thus more control of) his life and the things that are important to him. While all the other movie tough guys used to be "Green Berets back in nam" John McClaine didn't even have shoes.

Also unlike most "tough guys" he spent the first part of the movie playing "hide from the bad guys with guns" rather than stalking them "ninja style" and eliminating them one by one like Stallone in First Blood. Die Hard was a far more realistic (as far as realism in action films can go) film than most others in the genre.

The only part that is a common theme is the "one guy under the gun who still does the right things despite the odds" hero archetype. But that is common to almost every film and story.

SteveL
07-30-11, 21:55
I never noticed all the anti-gun stuff in the LW movies, but I haven't watched any of them lately. As for the sniper scene, it's not in the original cut of the movie. A director's cut was released that has an additional 7 minutes put back in it, including the sniper scene. I'm pretty sure the director's cut didn't come out until well into the DVD era, so I doubt anyone will have a VHS copy of the movie with that scene.

I really like Die Hard 1 and 2 (despite the grenade scene in 2), and thought the 3rd one was 'meh'. Jeremy Irons is good, but he's no Alan Rickman.

I don't care much for any of Tarantino's work, and especially can't stand Pulp Fiction. I did think 4 Rooms was pretty funny, but most people have never seen that one.

skyugo
07-31-11, 01:07
Bruce Willis is a stand-up guy too. The magnetic opposite of Danny Glover, etc.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/willis-speaks-out-for-guns_30_04_2006

cool..
i love all the die hards. :cool:

Magic_Salad0892
07-31-11, 04:12

Unbreakable. Sam Jackson can act. Nobody ever wants him too though.

BTW: I love Tarentino.

variablebinary
07-31-11, 04:22
Unbreakable. Sam Jackson can act. Nobody ever wants him too though.

I've enjoyed Samual L. in many films actually. I think he is a good actor.

Jungle Fever
White Sands
Jurassic Park
Pulp Fiction
A Time to Kil
The Long Kiss Goodnight
Jackie Brown
Unbreakable
Rules of Engagement
xXx
The Incredibles
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Black Snake Moan
Jumper

GermanSynergy
07-31-11, 17:19
Don't forget Deep Blue Sea. His finest role.

13F3OL7
07-31-11, 20:20
Don't forget Deep Blue Sea. His finest role.

"They ate me! A ****ing shark ate me!"

Magic_Salad0892
08-01-11, 00:29
"They ate me! A ****ing shark ate me!"

''No! I can't stop yellin'! That's the way I talk! Haven't you seen my movies?!''

Norinco
08-01-11, 01:18
"HOW'S IT TASTE MUTHA ****A?"

SWATcop556
08-01-11, 13:45
I personally thought The Negotiator was a decent film.

BrianS
08-01-11, 14:02
I personally thought The Negotiator was a decent film.

Did he go to prison at the end of that movie?

LHS
08-01-11, 14:06
Did he go to prison at the end of that movie?

Not that I remember.

SWATcop556
08-01-11, 14:18
No. He gets loaded into an ambulance and sent to the hospital holding his badge Kevin Spacey gave back to him.

BrianS
08-01-11, 16:33
Not that I remember.

What? Isn't that the one where he holds a bunch of people hostage? Pretty sure the next stop for a person who does that is jail, regardless of why.

13F3OL7
08-01-11, 22:18
"HOW'S IT TASTE MUTHA ****A?"

"It'll get you drunk! You'll be ****ing fat girls in no time!"

Alex F
08-02-11, 13:43
"It'll get you drunk! You'll be ****ing fat girls in no time!"

hahaha

EXACTLY what I was thinking... :D:D