PDA

View Full Version : SC Shooting Events

Hootiewho
07-28-11, 16:01
If you know of any competitions/shooting related events in SC, Post them here...

At Skip J Range in Anderson we have
IDPA on the 1st Sat of the month, you do not have to be a member to shoot; $10 fee.

I run a Tactical Carbine Match on the 3rd Sat of the month, you do not have to be a member to shoot; $12 fee. This match has just started up this summer, but so far has been a blast and well received. Usually around 50-60ish shooters.

They also have a Tactical Shotgun Match on the 4th Sat of the month. I believe this is $12 to shoot.

I believe the Belton Gun Club is starting a "tactical carbine type match" around the middle of the month. I have just heard a little about it, will post more details when I get them.

Anyone else...?

Avenger29
08-08-11, 00:20
Greenville Gun Club has Carolina Practical Shooting League matches every 3rd Sunday @ 10AM. http://www.greenvillegunclub.com/pistol_CPSL_index.html

IDPA also. http://www.greenvillegunclub.com/pistol_IDPA_index.html

Maybe occasional 3-gun according to their website? They have CAS, too, and High Power (rifle) competition.

Looking forward to attending your tactical carbine match, Hootiewho, once I get settled in/moved in at the new job (which means I'll also be able to actually afford some ammo, too)

Hootiewho
08-09-11, 09:02
Avenger, if you want to come out, but don't have all the gear you need let me know what you need and I'll see if I can get you squared away with enough to run the match.

Avenger29
08-20-11, 23:21
Avenger, if you want to come out, but don't have all the gear you need let me know what you need and I'll see if I can get you squared away with enough to run the match.

I plan to see ya'll at a match when I actually get a weekend off. I've got excellent gear and enough ammo to shoot the occasional match, no problem.

What's the amount of ammo I should plan to bring to a match? I've got PMAGs coming out of my ears so good on that department.

Scoby
08-21-11, 17:33
120 - 150 rounds should do you.

Come on out, it's a good time.

JeepDriver
08-21-11, 17:44
Do they do anything at Carolina Star ?

Scoby
08-21-11, 18:55
Do they do anything at Carolina Star ?

I've never heard of it. Where is it?

JeepDriver
08-21-11, 19:14
Carolina Star (http://www.carolinastar.com/Home.html)

Just out side of Aiken. Was curious since my inlaws live there and I spend a couple weeks a year in the area.

Scoby
08-22-11, 10:23
Carolina Star (http://www.carolinastar.com/Home.html)

Just out side of Aiken. Was curious since my inlaws live there and I spend a couple weeks a year in the area.

Looks to be a really nice place.
It's in the mid-lands is why I've never heard of it. I'm in upstate SC.

Regular Guy
09-03-11, 14:43
I'm hosting a training day in Columbia, SC.
Please see the tread here: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=83390

Copy of the OP. I am not a paid endorser nor am I receiving any compensation. Please subscribe to the thread, PM me here or email me @ mickeydown@yahoo.com.

Yes, ZS friends we are going to have a training day with Don (Doc66) of Milcopp Tactical here in Columbia, SC. The training day is the 17th of September @ Mid Carolina rifle Club. The day will begin @ 9am and go until Don gets sick of us!
Don will be covering pistols and carbines. The cost is $150 for the one day. This is a great opportunity to get some great training without the cost of traveling to Ohio.

I spoke with Don and he'll do a second day for another $50. So a two day would be a total of $200. It all depends on participation.

Before someone asks:
Ammo: pistol and rifle. Don has put the ammo count at 500 pistol, 600 rifle.
Gear: Eye pro, ear pro, gloves, pants, water, holster and chest right, gloves, hats and a modern 2 point sling. Valid DL.

I'm in for either a one or a two day. ZS friends in NC, SC and GA (TN for a drive) this is your chance to get your training at a very reasonable price. Come on! These training days are a blast and you will be amazed at how much your skills will improve in short order. There is camping onsite and I can stay there since I'm a member of the club. We are also bringing spare loaner guns, so just show up with ammo and your good.

Please reply to this thread or PM me.

Link to Milcopp: http://www.milcopptactical.com/

Confirmed attendees:
Regular Guy
57 Plymouth
TDW
Omega Man
+2 of Don's Peoples

RD62
08-11-12, 16:12
Don't know if anyone frequents this area much (just found it myself), but I thought I'd let anyone interested know that there is a Glock Sport Shooting Foundation match at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia on the 25th and 26th of this month in lieu of their usual IDPA match. Must be a member of GSSF (you can sign up a the Match I believe) and of course must shoot a Glock. Match fee depends on how many divisions you shoot in.

In fact for those not aware Mid-Carolina holds a monthly IDPA match on the 4th Saturday of every month. Match fee is $15 (waived for first time shooters and those who help set-up). You do not have to be a member to shoot IDPA matches and the atmosphere is friendly to first timers and non-members.

Come out, I'd like to meet some of you.

RD62
08-25-12, 15:25
Don't know if anyone frequents this area much (just found it myself), but I thought I'd let anyone interested know that there is a Glock Sport Shooting Foundation match at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia on the 25th and 26th of this month in lieu of their usual IDPA match. Must be a member of GSSF (you can sign up a the Match I believe) and of course must shoot a Glock. Match fee depends on how many divisions you shoot in.

In fact for those not aware Mid-Carolina holds a monthly IDPA match on the 4th Saturday of every month. Match fee is $15 (waived for first time shooters and those who help set-up). You do not have to be a member to shoot IDPA matches and the atmosphere is friendly to first timers and non-members.

The GSSF Match seemed to go well today. It was my first time shooting one, and while I prefer IDPA, this one was fun. Hopefully I'll win a pistol although my best chance would certainly be a random drawing and not my performance.

Did anyone else shoot this today?

afd524
09-30-12, 21:48
I have been thinking about getting into IDPA, before I start shooting matches I wanted to watch and see what it is about. Are the matches free and open to watch?

RD62
10-01-12, 21:11
I have been thinking about getting into IDPA, before I start shooting matches I wanted to watch and see what it is about. Are the matches free and open to watch?

Free to watch and your welcome to do so. Match fee to participate is $10.

afd524
10-02-12, 10:25
Free to watch and your welcome to do so. Match fee to participate is $10.

I think that my girlfriend and I come out and watch the next match.

RD62
11-18-12, 20:09
Annual Toys for Tots IDPA match this Sat (11/24) at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia.

Great cause, good match.

Hope some of y'all can make it out!