PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith & Wesson make M&P subcompact model?

pjchang7
07-29-11, 11:37
I'm wondering if they will make a subcompact model that is smaller than the current m&p9c. Anyone have any ideas? I really think they should make one as I think they would sell very well.

jmreagan
07-29-11, 12:48
I'm wondering if they will make a subcompact model that is smaller than the current m&p9c. Anyone have any ideas? I really think they should make one as I think they would sell very well.

I don't know. My M&P .40c is pretty small. If it got any smaller it wouldn't be too comfortable to shoot. I hate not having my pinkie on a pistol. Different strokes for different folks though.

Palmguy
07-29-11, 12:53
The only dimension that needs to be smaller (on an additional model) is the width.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

mlk18
07-29-11, 14:28
The only dimension that needs to be smaller (on an additional model) is the width.

+1

I will get in line for the M&P9C-Slim.

solidgun
07-29-11, 15:42
It took Glock really really long time to come up with a slim frame.....and Glock 36 had problems early on. Also, subcompact market is really flooded so unless it makes financial sense, S&W is not going to bring out a new line......their stock is already pretty low and falling.

Hot Sauce
07-29-11, 18:18
S&W is not going to bring out a new line......their stock is already pretty low and falling.

Why are they not doing well?

Sox
07-29-11, 19:25
My money says they will! If you look at the past S&W has been responsive about bringing out small slim guns for CCW. Think 3914, CS9, SW9, SW380. Some were good, some not so good.

I read a remote post that commented on a smaller 9mm that had the name "Off-Duty" patented.

Time will tell, but I will so be on that bandwagon.

Sry0fcr
07-29-11, 19:48
Bodyguard .380? I don't know why people would want something that small to fight with though.

kh86
07-29-11, 20:43
Bodyguard .380? I don't know why people would want something that small to fight with though.

So they have something that they can easily carry anywhere/anytime instead of leaving it in the car or at home.

AZ-Renegade
07-30-11, 12:56
I would like to see a M&P9/40 in the M&P45c barrel length and frame.

Beat Trash
07-30-11, 14:02
I've been told by our LE sales rep for the last few years that one is coming out at SHOT. The latest I've heard is maybe this fall. Been told to think about an M&P version about the size of the CS9.

I've also been told the issue is that it costs a truck load of money for the molds to set up to make a new frame. S&W is currently doing all it can to fill current orders of existing models of the M&P. They've been doing well with LE sales, both within CONUS as well as Europe and Australia.

I got tired of waiting and bought a Walther PPS 9mm. If and when a subcompact M&P comes out, then I'll jump on it. The PPS, while flat and very accurate, is kinda big.

ShipWreck
07-30-11, 17:40
I know this is off topic... But I am on my iPad... And, I just saw "Will Smith" in the title and clicked on this thread to see what y'all were talking about - haha :D

DocH
07-30-11, 19:55
I would like to see a M&P9/40 in the M&P45c barrel length and frame. Ditto.This is when I will buy an M&P.