PDA

View Full Version : M&Pc Defective Mag?

Jellybean
07-29-11, 14:10
So I finally got an M&P 9mm Compact. I was running a few rounds through it yesterday for the first time, and noticed an issue with one of the magazines.
To be clear, I currently have 6 mags for the thing- 2 that came with it (1 with baseplate grip extension, 1 without), and 4 (with finger extension) that I bought seperately- so I figure that's a good enough range for comaprison.
All the magazines work fine, except one that came with the gun.
For some reason the slide doesn't want to lock back if I load more than 1 round in it.
In other words- if I load and fire ONLY 1 round it locks back fine. If I pull the slide back manually, that works fine too.
However, if I load and fire any more than 1, (2-12) it won't lock back on the last round.
I thought maybe the spring or follower was hanging up so I took it apart to check, but everything seems fine.
It does seem a little odd that the only mag that does this is the one without the finger extension...

I just wanted to double check here in case I missed something I don't know about, before I call S&W.
Yes, I know there's a 'problem thread', but frankly I'm feeling to lazy to search through 30 pages.:p
I did a couple searches, but didn't see anything specific to this.

beastfrog
07-29-11, 15:33
Try swapping the follower and spring (1 at a time) with a working mag to try to isolate the issue.

solidgun
07-29-11, 15:40
Yeah, I would definitely begin trouble shooting to narrow down the problem for faster service that will bring the correct resolution to your issues.