PDA

View Full Version : Does the Location of Your Favorite Mfg. Influence Your Purchasing?

Black Jeep
07-29-11, 22:22
I was reading a thread recently on GeorgiaPacking.org about Daniel Defense's expansion into South Carolina. Now, I have been saving toward a DDM4V3LW and part of that decision is because DD is a Georgia company and I want to support local/in-state businesses when I can. In the thread I was reading one poster mentioned that they would have to buy their rifle/carbine before the plant opened because they didn't want to support a SC business (SC doesn't recognize Ga's carry permit nor do they recognize non-resident permits meaning we cannot carry in SC, so some Ga. residents "vote" with their dollars by not spending them in SC in any way). I'm less interested in a response to that poster, but it made me see that just as much I have decided to purchase a DD rifle because of location, others have their reasons for seeking products elsewhere.

So, that leads me to my question. All things being equal (ala DD, BCM and so forth) do any of you take into account the location of the mfr. when making purchases? If so, what drives your decision?

obucina
07-29-11, 22:36
i prefer 'murrican or german speaking manufacturers. My one paradox is the manufacture of some of clothing I have gotten from those vendors. Some are American Apparel, I do not agree with their politics and much of their social views. I understand the view of GA residents, as a Floridian, I do not agree with GA vehicle carry requirements...but making a living in a "cheap" to do business state is what it is. They provide a good that is quality, I provide the federal reserve notes.

*GA vehicle carry requirements appear to have been revised.

fixit69
07-29-11, 22:43
Not in the least. I travel through the mid west and the south with my business. I buy according to best price and quality.

Hambone
07-30-11, 00:22
i prefer 'murrican or german speaking manufacturers. My one paradox is the manufacture of some of clothing I have gotten from those vendors. Some are American Apparel, I do not agree with their politics and much of their social views. I understand the view of GA residents, as a Floridian, I do not agree with GA vehicle carry requirements...but making a living in a "cheap" to do business state is what it is. They provide a good that is quality, I provide the federal reserve notes.

*GA vehicle carry requirements appear to have been revised.

AMERICAN APPAREL?!? that dude is a child ra*ist..

Seriously, this immigrant "businessman" is a lowlife piece of shyt.

I would rather freeze to death, than put a single aritcle of his clothing on.

As far as brand preferance, in this game it's who gets the best product to me at the best price. I see it as a Made In America thing.

opmike
07-30-11, 00:47
No.

Product quality, price, and service drive all of my purchase decisions.

Oniak
07-30-11, 00:48
Not in the least. I travel through the mid west and the south with my business. I buy according to best price and quality.

Yeah. This is what I do.

matemike
07-30-11, 00:53
I live in Texas and am partial to the TEXAS outline symbol on Larue products

GeorgiaBoy
07-30-11, 01:08
I live about 30 minutes from Daniel Defense with good traffic. This doesn't necessarily make me only buy stuff from them, but I do buy a lot and really recommend them to most people. It's a local business that I have seen grow substantially these past years. I remember getting off I-16 to go look at the new factory being built every once and a while. Made me proud that they took off like they did and are based right here by me.

That being said, has it been confirmed that DD is going to switch rifle production to the SC facility? I haven't heard those kinds of specifics. If they did, it will be the third change of location rollmarks in the past 4 years. :blink:

Moose-Knuckle
07-30-11, 01:44
All things being equal (ala DD, BCM and so forth) do any of you take into account the location of the mfr. when making purchases?

No bearing what so ever.

Iraqgunz
07-30-11, 01:52
We have had variations of this topic before and it serves no real purpose. In addition this really isn't an "AR" topic. Hence it is dead.