PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone still sing praise of the ACOG TA01NSN?

prdubi
07-30-11, 15:18
I picked up a basic one for a song and dance. Had it sent back to Trijicon and they reamped the tritium and also the nite site on the outside.

Was exploring about getting a RMR for it. If you are wondering what kind of song and dance, it was in the level of less then 4 bills but the tritium was dead already so it was a chance that Trijicon would honor it and honor it they did. I'm a customer for life now.

Yeah it's not the fancy with the fiber optic and other stuff but the military and various LEO are still using it so it should still have good merit in this crazy world??:rolleyes:

seb5
07-30-11, 18:10
Well you have a $400.00 tough as nails, very clear, tritium fixed power scope. I'd say you have a nice inexpensive optic. My issues with the TA01 are the recticle. It is more narrow in its application than some of the other recticle designs. Optics are always a trade off and the trade off in my opinion with the TA01 is it's not as effective for CQB applications as some. I never could get the irons to work for like they were supposed to. If it works for you then you're better off then I was. At longer ranges I always liked the TA01 but as stated above there are beter models if you're using them up close.

prdubi
07-30-11, 20:42
thanks for your comments.

I am going to get the RMR mount for it, I have an opportunity to get a Trijicon TMR but it's the 8 MOA I believe but for a couple hundred more I can get the 4 MOA version like this setup

http://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Rifle-Scope-Crosshair-TA01NSN-RMR/dp/B00498LOAO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1312076411&sr=8-11

so far I am happy with it, I'm using it on a RR lower and Colt SOCOM upper that is a hand me down from a buddy that went all Noveske....:bad:

In the end, I have played with it and it is nice and the optics is very clear to my lasik fixed eyes running 20/15 now.

In the end, I am going down the route to get an RMR mount for it and go from there.

Thanks for your help and assistance.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-30-11, 22:15
I got a JPoint sight for my TA01NSN for Iraq it sucked and I went back to irons very very soon after mounting it.

prdubi
07-31-11, 04:35
I'm grateful for the scope. Never in my life woudl I have thought I could afford one.

seb5
07-31-11, 07:32
The RMR on top is about as bad a combo as there is. With the money you'll end up spending on that you could sale the TA01 and add that to your stash abd get whatever you desire. If you mostly shoot at a hundred or further the TA01 is as goos as the ACOG gets.

Alaskapopo
07-31-11, 23:51
I picked up a basic one for a song and dance. Had it sent back to Trijicon and they reamped the tritium and also the nite site on the outside.

Was exploring about getting a RMR for it. If you are wondering what kind of song and dance, it was in the level of less then 4 bills but the tritium was dead already so it was a chance that Trijicon would honor it and honor it they did. I'm a customer for life now.

Yeah it's not the fancy with the fiber optic and other stuff but the military and various LEO are still using it so it should still have good merit in this crazy world??:rolleyes:

For 400 its a great deal. I would prefer a lit reticle however. I would definately back that optic up with a off set micro red dot sight.
Pat

prdubi
08-01-11, 00:10
that's the 2nd opinion that I am going to pursue. Get a side mount RMR

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-01-11, 18:22
you dont need it man

blueknight749
08-02-11, 22:31
I had a TAO1 with the irons on top for about 6 years with 2 Iraq deployments under it's belt. It preformed very well for targets past 75-100 yards. I'm out now and am an LEO. I sold it and used the proceeds to fund an EOtech 553 with a FTS 3x. All I can say is that if you are happy, then your rifle is happy!!

prdubi
08-02-11, 22:49
thanks for the reply. I was just shocked and surprised that Trijicon recharged the tritium inside and outside.

It's just a dandy scope and I'm happy with it because I've been lusting for one for a long long time.

I for one am happy.

ccoker
08-05-11, 07:13
Cool
As long as you as happy and it fits your needs, that is all that matters.