PDA

View Full Version : First Build! Need Help!!

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 16:09
What should I do? Im building my first sandwich, this is what I got...

-4" bun (Kroger brand, sesame seed)
- 1 pound Hamburger
- Iceberg Lettuce or Romaine...Is romaine GTG?
- LargeTomato
- Vlasic Pickles (Kosher)
- Hellmans Mayo
- Heinz 57 Ketchup

Is this setup GTG? I was aslo thinking about just going with a COMPLETE setup. What about this? What you guys think?

B.K Whopper: (Possibly number 1)
- Loaded
-4" Paper box w/ flip sides
- 32oz Dr. Pepper

I wouldnt go with a Big Mac, I hear they have failures like a beef pattie sliding out or they fall apart. For the extra money is BK worth it? Should I go with a drink holder at first or practice carrying my cup?

Thanks guys

Hmac
07-30-11, 16:44
Yes, I'd skip the Big Mac. They don't pressure test nor magnaflux their patties. HAVE to be inferior.

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 16:46
Yes, I'd skip the Big Mac. They don't pressure test nor magnaflux their patties. HAVE to be inferior.

Ya, I just dont want to waste money on sub-par patties.

Hmac
07-30-11, 17:00
They are way over on the right side of the Fast Food Chart.

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 17:11

True. Im more into top tier sandwiches. The last thing I need is a pickle falling out while Im driving or some other malfunction cause I wanted to save a few bucks

Travis B
07-30-11, 17:22

You're obviously wrong. I have had WELL OVER 2 of them and they are the same quality. The others you are just paying for the name. You don't need all those fancy fast food-spec mumbo jumbo.

Hmac
07-30-11, 17:48
You're obviously wrong. I have had WELL OVER 2 of them and they are the same quality. The others you are just paying for the name. You don't need all those fancy fast food-spec mumbo jumbo.

Sorry, but the Fast Food Chart proves that they're inferior.

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 17:57

I think you both might be right, The older ones are GTG, Its the newer ones that you experience problems with.

Travis B
07-30-11, 17:58

The FFC is obviously wrong. Everyone in the desert is eating them!

P2000
07-30-11, 18:32
Aunt Hatties Potato buns are GTG. Kroger doesn't even MPI their buns after HTB(High Temp Baking).

CoryCop25
07-30-11, 18:41
If you are going with the tomato, skip the ketchup. I know two is one and one is none but you have to figure in the weight savings.

theblackknight
07-30-11, 20:08
I never had a sandwich fail that wasn't bun related. That's the weak point. Some people get married to a set of buns, when really its a high gluten part. Lots of mustard will always help your sandwich perform better. Some guys like to eat dry, no mustard. You see how much trouble they have. Mustard now, mustard always.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13F3OL7
07-30-11, 21:38
I like to use quality components such as blue cheese crumbles and a quality steakhouse marinade, like Stubbs'.

Travis B
07-30-11, 21:41
I like to use quality components such as blue cheese crumbles and a quality steakhouse marinade, like Stubbs'.

Such a sub snob :rolleyes:

13F3OL7
07-30-11, 21:47
Such a sub snob :rolleyes:

I like to know that my sandwiches will perform when they need to.

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 21:51
I like to know that my sandwiches will perform when they need to.

Thats why you dont settle for sub par condiments.

I hate the myth that going "bunless" is always better.

That and the one that the enemy can use OUR condiments but we cant use theirs. That always gives me a laugh

13F3OL7
07-30-11, 21:57
I completley agree. That's why I use all natural Sargento or Tillamook cheeses, a quality reduced fat mayo, like Kraft, and Grey Poupon for mustard.

Travis B
07-30-11, 22:34
I completley agree. That's why I use all natural Sargento or Tillamook cheeses, a quality reduced fat mayo, like Kraft, and Grey Poupon for mustard.

F**k this, I'm going back to TOS (the other sandwich).

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 22:38
F**k this, I'm going back to TOS (the other sandwich).

Well if you woulda used the "ORANGE search button" you wouldnt have got butt hurt and had to leave.

Why do people get so offended and try and defend brand "x" when they know the results of "y"

TehLlama
07-30-11, 22:47
Am I the only one in here smart enough to realize that the proper toasting of the sesame seeds is clearly the most important aspect of the sandwich?

Why bother worrying if the patty is made of ostrich meat or compacted vegetables and cardboard? If the seeds aren't right, why bother?

PaulL
07-30-11, 22:54
Pic thread...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/truthseeker1106/Junk/d101b1dc.jpg

BCmJUnKie
07-30-11, 23:07
Pic thread...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/truthseeker1106/Junk/d101b1dc.jpg

Thats a nice build... it dont look front heavy at all.
Just nice and balanced.

The Cat
07-30-11, 23:10
Patties ain't just patties.

Make sure the pickles are staked though or your sandwich may end up shitting the bed.

Stay away from BM (Bowel Movement) or DPMS (Damn Putrid Mother****ing Sandwiches) components, too.

Go with DD (Damn Delicious), LMT (Luscious Massive Tomatoes), or BCM (Badass Culinary Material) stuff, and you should be OK.

CMT (Can't Make Toast) is questionable.

Put your money in the BCG (Bacon & Cheese Group) - that is the heart of the sandwich.

Caeser25
07-31-11, 09:17
ROTFLMAO

13F3OL7
07-31-11, 20:07
Building a sandwich upon which you no longer being hungry depends is no laughing matter.

sandman99and9
07-31-11, 21:09
Hey guys have you heard ??

BK is coming out with a super duper tactical burger box that is being made by................ wait for it,

********* MAGPUL !!! *************

every one is going to want one so you better pre-order now.

I heard some BK's are already on back order for the cases so rush out and get yours now, forget the car payments this is way more cool :D

S.M.

Magic_Salad0892
08-01-11, 00:32
Subway hasn't been mentioned yet, you guys don't even know what you're talking about.

Be sure to get lots of avocado.

J-Dub
08-01-11, 08:46
DO NOT leave red onions off....gotta have the red onions.

DTHN2LGS
08-01-11, 13:14
Sargento cheese slices are highly recommended for this build, your satisfaction ratio will be much higher. Your other selections are GTG!!!

ETA: I prefer Milwaukee Kosher Dills (used to get Polish dills, but they were discontinued), but I don't know if they're available in your AO.

J-Dub
08-01-11, 14:10
And btw, only a COMMIE would put mayo on a burger.

Mustard is the only acceptable option

BCmJUnKie
08-01-11, 14:44
Well what about something under 6"? Any rules apply?

Im thinking more of concealment, you know maybe take it with me to work or on the road

Scoby
08-01-11, 15:34
Where's the onion?

This setup is going to fail without onion.

Travis B
08-01-11, 15:42

Im thinking more of concealment, you know maybe take it with me to work or on the road

The ATF (All Types of Food) has their hands on regulation, I'm sure.

theblackknight
08-01-11, 15:50

Im not jumping on this "lightweight" bandwagon, I go with a full 12(ask her,she knows) and heavy profile. If your sandwich armorer has a hard time getting the beast to close properly, your on the right track.