PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense M4V7

FChen17213
07-31-11, 02:31
It looks like DD is making the V7 Rifle with the MFR Rail and midlength gas system. Other than the difference in rail, it looks just like a V5. I can't wait to get one.....especially if they make a lightweight barrel version. I wonder how much the bare rifle would weigh.

tpdavis89
07-31-11, 08:32
It looks like DD is making the V7 Rifle with the MFR Rail and midlength gas system. Other than the difference in rail, it looks just like a V5. I can't wait to get one.....especially if they make a lightweight barrel version. I wonder how much the bare rifle would weigh.

Yeah I think it will be a sweet shooter for sure. I've got an M4V7 upper on order from DD. Can't wait to put it though its paces in a few weeks!

SteveL
07-31-11, 09:26
Sounds like an interesting configuration, but I can't find any info on it on DD's website. Do you have a link?

EDIT: I figured this thread should have a picture in it.

http://www.riflegear.com/images/product/large/1152_1_.jpg

spectre04
07-31-11, 09:58
Not dd's site, but riflegear:
http://www.riflegear.com/p-1152-daniel-defense-m4v7-midlength-rifle.aspx
It just adds their modular rail. Sweet kit!

SteveL
07-31-11, 10:00
Thanks for the link. It looks like I imagined it would. That's a nice option for someone who doesn't want/need a quad railed forend.

LightningFast
07-31-11, 10:10
Oo la la. Now I have to decide between ordering this or a PredatAR. Decisions decisions.

FChen17213
07-31-11, 20:08
The thing that excites me most about this config is how thin and small the circumference is of this rail. The smaller the circumference, the more the shooter will be able to wrap his or her hand around the barrel and be closer to the barrel. I'm guessing that this possibly can help in faster followup shots. I know that lots of people right now are using the Troy TRX or VTac rails but I'm hoping that this DD will take the concept even further.

boomhower
07-31-11, 21:44
Make one with a LW barrel and I'll add a third DD to the stable.

JohnnyC
07-31-11, 23:35
I want this upper in a lightweight 12.5" config.

lebowski
08-01-11, 08:26
Interesting. I was all set to pull the trigger on ordering a v5 LW to compliment my v1, but it may be worth waiting for these to come available.

SteveL
08-01-11, 13:19
Make one with a LW barrel and I'll add a third DD to the stable.

The V2, V3, V4, and V5 all come in LW configurations so I'll be surprised if they don't offer a LW version of this one as well.

Marler5811
08-01-11, 17:38
We are offering v7 Rifles and Upper Receiver Groups with both Gov't Profile and Lightweight profile barrels. These are available with our without rail mounted fixed front and rear sights. Gov't Profile Uppers and Rifles are shipping now. Lightweight versions will be available for delivery sometime in the 4th quarter.

Want a v7 with a shorter barrel? Or any other upper or rifle that isn't listed on our website? Give us a call as we currently offer customer uppers and rifles. As long as we stock the parts, we will build it to your specs.

S/F
Joe

lebowski
08-01-11, 21:29
Nice, I will give you guys a call tomorrow or later this week.

careboy
08-01-11, 21:44
Sounds like an interesting configuration
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/18.games.jpg

Jake Bauer
08-01-11, 22:47
That looks sweet!

yunggunz
08-02-11, 15:48
We are offering v7 Rifles and Upper Receiver Groups with both Gov't Profile and Lightweight profile barrels. These are available with our without rail mounted fixed front and rear sights. Gov't Profile Uppers and Rifles are shipping now. Lightweight versions will be available for delivery sometime in the 4th quarter.

Want a v7 with a shorter barrel? Or any other upper or rifle that isn't listed on our website? Give us a call as we currently offer customer uppers and rifles. As long as we stock the parts, we will build it to your specs.

S/F
Joe

This is the main reason they are at the top of their game, customer service.

Brian1/75
08-02-11, 18:26
This is the main reason they are at the top of their game, customer service.

I can vouch for that. I ordered a barrel awhile back and Joe noted I was in Savannah, gave me a call, and invited me to pick up the barrel myself saving me shipping and giving me a tour of the factory. Very cool.

2theXtreme
08-02-11, 22:27
Very impressive weapon! This will definitely become my 2nd M4. Now only to decide if I should wait on the LW barrel....decisions descions.

rotorblade
08-27-11, 14:35
I just called Rifle gear and they said they had sold about a dozen of these rifles.

Has anybody heard anything from DD about these????

I have been wanting a DD rifle and a MFR so this solves a lot of problems for me. Don't have to buy a M4 Mid Length Light Weight and then install MFR and Sell rail set.

ra2bach
08-27-11, 15:41
Oo la la. Now I have to decide between ordering this or a PredatAR. Decisions decisions.

what is your mission?..

2theXtreme
08-27-11, 17:57
what is your mission?..

What are the different missions each would serve?

Wiggity
08-27-11, 19:02
That thing looks awesome. Just enough rail space for an optic and light.

cmace22
09-18-11, 16:40
I just called Rifle gear and they said they had sold about a dozen of these rifles.

I have been wanting a DD rifle and a MFR so this solves a lot of problems for me. Don't have to buy a M4 Mid Length Light Weight and then install MFR and Sell rail set.

I bought the first one that rifle gear sold. I have to say the feel and balance is very nice. The forearm is nice and comfortable too. Its funny, I dont see it on DD website either.

fdxpilot
09-18-11, 17:08

Uhh, look at post #12

mkmckinley
09-19-11, 06:23
Looks like an excellent setup. This is pretty much the rifle I'm getting ready to build out of parts that I already have. I have a 16" lightweight barrel and MFR waiting to be put on an existing rifle. The only difference is that mine will have a Vltor A5 buffer and MOE grip. I really like how DD offer so many options in a high quality factory rifle at a good price. I'm also looking forward to some feedback and applications of their new S2W barrel profile.

Skyfire1201
09-19-11, 12:32
What's an S2W barrel profile? Got any specs?

mkmckinley
09-20-11, 22:10
It's a tapered profile. They're selling 18" on thier website but it may be possible to buy a 16" if you call them directly. I believe they're a little heavier than gov't profile by about .3 oz which should be pretty imperceptible. I'm excited to see how they perform.

https://danieldefense.com/cold-hammer-forged-barrels/18-inch-chf-barrels/18-5-56mm-s2w-mid-length-chf-barrel-w-fsb.html

uspopo
09-22-11, 07:46
I really want that upper and it is exactly what I was looking for in my next build.

Stan