PDA

View Full Version : LMT and LWRC In 6.8,How Do They Compare

RONK
07-31-11, 05:46
How do they compare to each other and other offerings in 6.8?Thanks as always.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-31-11, 09:29
Well in my opnion they are both of great qualty. The LMT uses a an old chamber and the LWRC uses the better SPEC 2

d90king
07-31-11, 09:32
As much as like my LMT's I can't recommend them for a 6.8 rifle. I have never had any issues with my LWRC so I would sheepishly recommend them in this case.

I run one of my MRP's in 6.8 and I have been lucky but several of my buddies have not been as lucky with the same setup. I really wish they would update their specs so you didn't have to be so picky with ammo.

mark5pt56
07-31-11, 10:42
Just have the chamber reamed on the LMT, although the twist could be better, it's not the end of the world.

fdxpilot
07-31-11, 11:11
Just have the chamber reamed on the LMT, although the twist could be better, it's not the end of the world.

Or support a manufacturer who is actually up to date on the 6.8 community, not using obsolete specs. Even Armalite and DPMS have adapted the newer specs. As far as I can tell, only Ruger, Model 1 :bad:, and LMT are holding the line on the old Saami specs.

mark5pt56
07-31-11, 12:10
I do agree that they should get with the program on the 6.8. My point was if the OP wants a 6.8 barrel for the MRP, do the conversion that's offered or get the MRP barrel from LMT, it's not the end of the world if he goes with it. I get over 3000 FPS from my 1 n 10 reamed LMT barrel with SSA 85 grain TSX loads.

I would hope that LMT does change over though, very puzzling to me why they haven't.

d90king
07-31-11, 12:26
I do agree that they should get with the program on the 6.8. My point was if the OP wants a 6.8 barrel for the MRP, do the conversion that's offered or get the MRP barrel from LMT, it's not the end of the world if he goes with it. I get over 3000 FPS from my 1 n 10 reamed LMT barrel with SSA 85 grain TSX loads.

I would hope that LMT does change over though, very puzzling to me why they haven't.

Have you shot any of the 90gr Speer TNT?

And I definitely agree that it makes no sense that they haven't made the change yet. I know certain people within the company want to, but its yet to be green lighted for some stupid reason. They have missed out on 6.8 business because of it.

mark5pt56
07-31-11, 12:29
I haven't shot the TNT yet. I haven't checked prices, is it cheaper than most?

I do plan for the 300 BLK and I think it will be a good seller and option for a bunch of folks. I plan to use it for deer hunting since distance isn't a big factor where I go.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-31-11, 12:37
mark5point56

Who did your chamber it is the only thing stoping me from getting a barrel for my MRP.

d90king
07-31-11, 12:40
mark5point56

Who did your chamber it is the only thing stoping me from getting a barrel for my MRP.

Ned makes has a reamer for it and I think the 6.8 forum still has a "pass it down the line" still going on.

mark5pt56
07-31-11, 12:45
Virginia Arms did mine, I sent it up to them.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-31-11, 12:48
Ned makes has a reamer for it and I think the 6.8 forum still has a "pass it down the line" still going on.

I heard about that but someone else told me that some one kept them

d90king
07-31-11, 13:02
I haven't shot the TNT yet. I haven't checked prices, is it cheaper than most?

I do plan for the 300 BLK and I think it will be a good seller and option for a bunch of folks. I plan to use it for deer hunting since distance isn't a big factor where I go.

Its still a buck and change per. Since you're reamed you would be GTG. Some factory barrels will shoot it and some wont.

High Tower
07-31-11, 13:03
Between the two you mentioned, I would go with Daniel Defense. ;)

LMT hasnt figured out the 6.8.

LWRC thinks their average rifles are made out of gold that Zeus shit out while he was shaping Mt Everest...and charge accordingly.

Daniel Defense has the SpecII chamber and Geiselle trigger. Why pay more for less?

ETA: I am not one of those guys who thinks something is better cause it is cheaper. But in this case, it seems like DD has the best thing going right now in this caliber.

Dave L.
07-31-11, 13:11
LWRC thinks their average rifles are made out of gold that Zeus shit out while he was shaping Mt Everest...and charge accordingly.

True Story: I have only fired about 10,000 rounds through 5.56 LWRC products and I would never ever spend my own money on one. IMHO it's still a POS AR.

My 6.8 collects a ton of dust. I'm about to dump it because ammo prices are still full-retard. I would rather have another 5.56 laying around. Just my $.02

mark5pt56
07-31-11, 14:45
DD needs to update their site and at least give decent pics to the suppliers instead of dark can see crap pics.

I would get the components so I could use a Lite rail instead of that whatever it is rail.

High Tower
07-31-11, 15:50
Haha. Yeah that rail is a little unusual. I think it was designed for hunters mostly, but that "growth" can be easily moved or taken off entirely.

TXBob
08-01-11, 09:45
Head over to the 68forums.com

They have their version of "the chart" LMT is not one of the better offerings in 6.8. LWRC is not listed, neither is DD. As the 6.8 has specific requirements, you may want to ask there about DD. LWRC generally has an unfavorable opinion here.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?18774-Remington-6.8-SPC-Guide.

Magic_Salad0892
08-01-11, 13:42
Noveske is who I'd trust in the 6.8 game, if I got back in.