PDA

View Full Version : Books on No/Low Light

dctag
06-08-06, 15:14
I was wondering what materials are out there to learn more about low/no light fighting. I have Fight at Night by Andy Stanford and I just ordered a book called Strategies of Low-Light Engagements by Ken Good of Strategos. What else is out there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-David

C4IGrant
06-08-06, 20:08
I was wondering what materials are out there to learn more about low/no light fighting. I have Fight at Night by Andy Stanford and I just ordered a book called Strategies of Low-Light Engagements by Ken Good of Strategos. What else is out there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-David

Good question. I haven't really seen a whole lot. Let us know if the ones you got are any good.

I have taken two low/no light classes to date and learned a lot in them. What I find most interesting is that I am a much better handgun shot in no light than I am in full light! Figure that one out....

C4

Aubrey
06-08-06, 21:19
Tiger Mckee's "Book of Two Guns" is not specifically about low-light, but it does have some good tips on low-light shooting.

Having said that, I've found that books are OK for learning about gear, but they're painfully inadequate for learning the art side of martial studies.

You might be surprised what you might learn just by turning out the lights and trying to clear your house with a light and UNLOADED firearm.

tbledsoe
06-13-06, 21:16
I have taken the prevailing in low light instructors course from Strategoes International. I personally know Mark Warren, one of the instructors. They are top notch instructors. I have had the oppurtunity to use the techniques in the real world and they work. Todd