PDA

View Full Version : Noveske KX3 coming loose

BearClaw Bigsby
07-31-11, 12:31
Should I be able to unscrew the flash suppressor, specifically the KX3, with my bare hands? When I first received the upper, it was tight and I could not unscrew it, but after one day at the range, I can take it off with my hand.

Not sure if this is normal/okay.

Can I secure it myself, or will it require going to a gunsmith?

Thanks
BcB

randolph
07-31-11, 13:10
It sounds like you're missing the crush washer. Easy fix.

BearClaw Bigsby
07-31-11, 13:35
It sounds like you're missing the crush washer. Easy fix.

Is it a crush washer that I could get at a local hardware store or is there a special one? Do you know the size/specs off the top of your head?

Iraqgunz
07-31-11, 14:46
Who did you receive the upper from? Was it new or used? I suggest you contact them to make it right.

No the crush washer is not something you get from local hardware store. Depending on where you live the local gun shop may not have one either.

BearClaw Bigsby
07-31-11, 14:56
I bought the upper new from BCM, however, the KX3 was installed by a local gunsmith. I guess I will take it back there and have them correct the problem.

thanks

TonyTacoma
07-31-11, 14:58
I bought the upper new from BCM, however, the KX3 was installed by a local gunsmith. I guess I will take it back there and have them correct the problem.

thanks

Bingo

Iraqgunz
07-31-11, 16:24
Make sure he follows the instructions. It's not rocket science. If you have doubts do it yourself.

thanks

Stickman
07-31-11, 16:33
That is just plain sad that a gunsmith couldn't install a FS.

Todd.K
08-01-11, 13:27
2. Place the crush washer small end first on the barrel threads. (Never reuse the crush washer)
Hand tighten the KX3 until it stops against the crush washer.
5. Using a 3/4" wrench, tighten a minimum of approximately 1/4 turn. Continue to tighten until the writing
is facing up on the left side, not to exceed a total of 1 and 1/4 turns from hand tight.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/impdf/kx3556p.pdf

BearClaw Bigsby
08-01-11, 13:33
so if the KX3 wasn't tightened correctly in the first place, would it be acceptable to use the crush washer that is on there? Or is it toast?

Todd.K
08-01-11, 15:59
If the crush washer was tightened less than 1/4 turn you would be able to safely give it another rotation.

If it had been tightened past 1/4 turn and then past alignment, then backed off it could run out of "crush" with another full turn.

I would use a new crush washer if I didn't know for sure.