PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the OPS INC 5.56 break

Zaku65
07-31-11, 12:31
Thinking about dropping this brake on my SPR. Suppressors are currently not an option for me, however in the future if make it to a free state I would get the OPS can.

Just wanted to know if anyone had experience with this brake for its function as a brake. I have tried a POF, Battlecomp, and the PWS brake, and honestly, they all feel about the same to me just different concussion noise.

I currently shoot little bellow sub moa at 100 yards with a smith vortex. I'm really hoping my groups don't open up after installing this brake.

Any experiences folks can share?

High Tower
07-31-11, 12:35
I have the Ops Inc break on my Centurion upper. Works very well as a break - never had any problems with it. Not much more I can say really. If you want their can eventually its prolly a good idea.

TonyTacoma
07-31-11, 15:01
I have the Ops Inc break on my Centurion upper. Works very well as a break - never had any problems with it. Not much more I can say really. If you want their can eventually its prolly a good idea.

I would reinforce what high tower said, this is a good break but if you don't plan on going suppressed for sure there are cheaper options you can look at.

Zaku65
08-01-11, 10:01
How bout the concussion is it a loud brake?

davidjinks
08-01-11, 13:03
I have one on my MK12 built by HCS (High Caliber Sales). To be honest, I don't think there really is a noise difference with the Ops Break and my LE6920 with A2 flash suppressor.

I've fired both with and without hearing protection and I can't tell a difference. As for side blast, I couldn't really tell you. I've fired my MK12 from inside a vehicle and it wasn't any worse than my LE6920 as far as "concussion" or side blast goes.

I've had friends out on the range with my shooting next to me and they've never complained about the break. Usually they are about 3 feet to my left or right due in part to the duel seated benches at the range.

Of course this is all just my opinion gleaned from my experiences with this particular break.

High Tower
08-01-11, 14:27

For the shooter it does not seem any louder than a flash hider. People to the side of me have bitched about it, but not as much as when they are next to a Battle Comp.

The Ops Inc is a great brake, don't get me wrong. I'm just not a huge fan of non-surpressed brakes in general. I have it on the MK12 cause it came that way.

rob_s
08-01-11, 15:16
I'm not up on all of Ops parts, but the brake mount for my 15th model is a tooth-rattler for sure. To the point that I may as well have a direct-thread can because I am not shooting this thing without the can anymore.

JasonM
08-01-11, 17:02

yes.

Like all effective brakes are.

Something like a triple tap or battlecomp are much less so and still give you a lot of the 'brake' benefits.

Zaku65
08-01-11, 19:37
Thanks for everyone's comments the input has been very helpful