PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster carbon 15 ... yeah....

Essohbe
07-31-11, 17:42
Well, I won a raffle and got this new Bushmaster Carbon 15. I haven't picked it up yet but saw it on the table and have shot a similar one a friend has. I wanted to ask if anyone here knew the following:

As I undertand it, Pro Ordinance made them originally and then BM bought the rifles/design/whatever and fixed some issues. The one I won is of the newer types and I wanted to know if the parts are regular AR parts or are they still their own kinda thing, like the bolt being a little different on the older PO models, etc...

Is there anything critical I need to know about this rifle? Like don't shoot steel cased ammo or "Don't do ___ because it will break the ____" or something? I've been told people tighten the barrel nuts too much and crack the receivers.

ucrt
07-31-11, 17:50

If it was me....

I'd sell it "as new" and buy a real AR. It should bring enough to make a good down payment on a solid gun.
I wouldn't even put the first round through it.

BTW, I've never heard anything good about them.

But maybe it's just me...

AMMOTECH
07-31-11, 18:08

If it was me....

I'd sell it "as new" and buy a real AR. It should bring enough to make a good down payment on a solid gun.
I wouldn't even put the first round through it.

BTW, I've never heard anything good about them.

But maybe it's just me...

This is the only correct answer....

Don't shoot it. Don't even unpack it. Sell it and use the funds for a training class.

Cagemonkey
07-31-11, 18:17
I concur with the above advise. Sell or trade for a Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM or LMT.

iCarbine
07-31-11, 18:21
Sell it.

SpaceWrangler
07-31-11, 18:27
Same same.

Iraqgunz
07-31-11, 18:41
It's a POS like many other BM items. Sell it. You can also use the orange SEARCH button and discover plenty of info about BM.