PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Phase 5 EBRv2,questions?

ARPATRIOT
08-01-11, 16:38
I believe it's the newest version,the same as on their website.I had plans to get a Tactical Link bolt release,but i got this for a great deal.Any reason to go with one or the other?I do like the fact this one is one piece.It will be going on my "go to" gun.

SteveL
08-01-11, 16:47
I debated on these two as well and ultimately ended up going with the Tactical Link. The reason for me is that the Tactical Link is NOT permanent. Obviously the Phase 5 can be removed, but not as easily. Anyway, since some rifles have issues with the bolt not locking open on the last round, I wanted one that could be easily removed if that became an issue for me.

ARPATRIOT
08-01-11, 17:33
I just intsalled it and it's a bit sloppy.Any idea's on maybe a washer size/type i could use to fix it???

rainbow5ive
08-01-11, 21:04
Define "sloppy". I have both the Magpul B.A.D. and the Phase 5 EBRv2. They both exhibit some movement fore and aft, but that is by design. That slack allows the bolt stop to continue to function and catch the bolt.

warnerd
08-02-11, 02:44
I have the Enhanced Tactical Link Lever and I think that its really great and is an improvement over the BAD Lever I had. I think however that under stress that the lever gets in the way of getting to the magazine release and you could accidentally release the bolt before your magazine is all the way seated. So I decided against putting it on my go to carbine and just put it on my 5.45 AR. Just to many things that could go wrong in my opinion.