PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to open a can of worms here...RRA?

Kfgk14
08-01-11, 17:25
A friend of mine just bought an RRA Standard A4, 20" barrel. Chrome lined barrel, ambi safety. The shop he bought from is going to put a YHM free float tube on it. The full package is going to be $1250.

Did he do okay? I know that they aren't the best, I know all of that, please don't come to me with "well for the $1250 that is going to total out at, he could have built xyz." I know I could have built xyz, and I advised him to build xyz, but the shop he bought from convinced him that getting an RRA was a better choice.

northern1
08-01-11, 17:39
I think you've answered your own question. And that answer is No seeing how he couldve gotten better for less or equal the amount.

ccosby
08-01-11, 17:39
Eh I know a few people with RRA guns. For the most part they are happy. Like 2 of them had out of spec bolt catches that will not always hold the bolt back on the last round. Also seen a few with the "gi" profile barrels that were not contoured right. Figured it out when kac's rails needed to be modified to fit them. Had a few friends go for kac's factory seconds(I did as well) and the ones with rra were the only ones with the issue.

For the above reasons on my limited view on them I don't think I'd personally get one of their guns. Unless he runs it hard and dirty I don't think he will really have any issues. Even running them dirty they usually do fine. For the money you have better options.

Iraqgunz
08-01-11, 17:42
Use the ORANGE search button. RRA has been discussed enough. In addition you answered your own question in the title.

Let him suffer the errors of his choice, because he was easily fooled.