PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Carbon 9mm

kittyhawk
10-29-07, 21:50
Hi everyone, This my first post here and wanted to say HI, and need some advice.
Today I got a Bushmaster AR Carbon in 9mm carbine in a trade.
Is there any thing I need to know about this one, like what Lubes to use on the Carbon fiber upper? Also has anyone had or heard of problems with these bushies?
I have several outhe Ar's but this is my frist venture with the Carbon, I hope I did'nt make a bad choice.

Thanks

Dave

kittyhawk
10-30-07, 12:43
Anyone??????

Bump

markm
10-30-07, 12:47
I hope I did'nt make a bad choice.

At least you have your health.

ST911
10-30-07, 14:12
Hi everyone, This my first post here and wanted to say HI, and need some advice.
Is there any thing I need to know about this one, like what Lubes to use on the Carbon fiber upper? Also has anyone had or heard of problems with these bushies? have several outhe Ar's but this is my frist venture with the Carbon, I hope I did'nt make a bad choice.

Recreational, light use gun. Those I've seen try for more have not done well. Lube it well. Feed it quality ammunition.

Shihan
10-30-07, 14:28
Welcome to the sight. Look around and you will get what the genral oppinion of Bushy's quality is.

kittyhawk
10-30-07, 16:47
Thanks Guys well I shot it today and did good only ftf that was once it got very dirty andhad some fouling on the feed ramp.

Well I will let the wife shot and see how she likes it.

Thanks
Dave

scottryan
10-30-07, 17:03
I'm just going to say this now to save you the trouble down the road and having this thread go to 3 pages before you get the correct information.

I would get rid of the Carbon 9mm and get something else. It will cause you too much frustration.

toddackerman
10-30-07, 18:06
Is there any thing I need to know about this one, like what Lubes to use on the Carbon fiber upper? Also has anyone had or heard of problems with these bushies?
I have several outhe Ar's but this is my frist venture with the Carbon, I hope I did'nt make a bad choice.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

First welcome to the forum. You will find this to be a pretty honest (sometimes brutally honest) group, but they are much more seasoned than the members at other sites. This group pretty much is into serious training and self defense with many LEO's, Military, Govt. Contractor's who report from the Sand Box, and Industry Professionals who have "Been There, and Done That". Not just a bunch of Gun Store Counter Clerks or Gun Mag. writers who have never put 10,000 rounds through anything.

My point...you're going to get some push back once in awhile, but it should be viewed as "Constructive". If your Bushmaster is going to be used for casual plinking, and NOT for self defense, have a ball! On the other hand, there are much better choices for serious defense of yourself, your family and your property.

Tack

kittyhawk
10-31-07, 17:19
Hey, Thanks for the Imput. I know the Bushy is not for home def or a LEO gun I got it for Like you said Plinking and letting the wife shot it.
I have several Ar's but never a Bushy, and the Carbon was a Wim, Traded off a XD-9 Tac with about 10,000 rounds and a old Leupold scope so I did't do to bad.

I am building up a new AR right now on a RRA lower.
I am glad I found this Site.

Thanks

Dave

scottryan
10-31-07, 20:39
Hey, Thanks for the Imput. I know the Bushy is not for home def or a LEO gun I got it for Like you said Plinking and letting the wife shot it.
I have several Ar's but never a Bushy, and the Carbon was a Wim, Traded off a XD-9 Tac with about 10,000 rounds and a old Leupold scope so I did't do to bad.

I am building up a new AR right now on a RRA lower.
I am glad I found this Site.

Thanks

Dave

You can do what you want, but life is too short to put up with a gun that jams.