PDA

View Full Version : So i think I'm gonna sell my c-grade p7 psp and buy a palmetto kit.

skyugo
08-01-11, 22:02
probably the 16" carbine with the MOE stock set.
<600 bucks is basically my price range. i have reloading gear and components for 223, a dozen AR mags (mostly p-mags) and an LRB stripped lower. I'm aware this won't be a glamorous build. I'm not opposed to doing a little wrenching. (tool recommendations are welcome)
So anything i should be looking out for? Searching the forum hasn't shown any major issues with the palmetto kits. Am i making a mistake? I'm back in college, and seriously can't justify over 600 bucks.

120mm
08-01-11, 22:25
I love it when other folks beta test things for me ;)

I don't think you can get hurt too bad by doing this; just let us know how everything works out when you do.

It will be interesting in that it will be data that supports or denies how low end makers who attempt to satisfy most of the TDP for marketing or whatever, actually works out.

Not as good as a bunch of guns, shooting a bunch of rounds to failure, but interesting nonetheless.

skyugo
08-01-11, 22:33
I love it when other folks beta test things for me ;)

I don't think you can get hurt too bad by doing this; just let us know how everything works out when you do.

It will be interesting in that it will be data that supports or denies how low end makers who attempt to satisfy most of the TDP for marketing or whatever, actually works out.

Not as good as a bunch of guns, shooting a bunch of rounds to failure, but interesting nonetheless.

I'll put >2k through it a year, i promise.
I'll just upgrade to BCM parts as money allows. It seems like those guys have read the fabled "chart" who knows if their gas keys are pot metal though right? I'll be sure to report back :D

skyugo
08-03-11, 13:40
nobody has one of these guns?
i'd ask over at arfcom or something, but i honestly dont' respect their opinion. :p

saddlerocker
08-03-11, 15:27
I only have a palmetto lower/LPK/Premium BCG/ MOE stock assembly

The lower parts kit seems good, although I have to say I dont really have any other experiance with LPK's. But everything installed smoothly.

BCG is very good imo. Great staking, MP marked bolt, everything looks up to par, ect....

There lower is gtg also, but you already have a lower.

The MOE stock assembly I got came with a standard carbine buffer with their logo on it, which for my midlength is fine, and a mil-spec bufffer tube ect...

I think its too early to tell how their uppers do, as most people are just getting them

skyugo
08-03-11, 19:21

The lower parts kit seems good, although I have to say I dont really have any other experiance with LPK's. But everything installed smoothly.

BCG is very good imo. Great staking, MP marked bolt, everything looks up to par, ect....

The MOE stock assembly I got came with a standard carbine buffer with their logo on it, which for my midlength is fine, and a mil-spec bufffer tube ect...

I think its too early to tell how their uppers do, as most people are just getting them

having it go together smoothly is always a good sign. guess we'll have to burn up some ammo and see how it goes.

120mm
08-03-11, 19:31

My upper is DD, but I am running a PSA premium BCG in it. My partner's gun is a BCM BFH upper and the rest of it is PSA. The parts "seem" to be ok.