PDA

View Full Version : Sig Problem??? (update)

JR TACTICAL
08-01-11, 22:33
Hey guys,

I posted here a few days ago I had been having a problem with my new SP2022 chambered in 9mm. I am happy to report that after a range session today and another 200rnds fired, I am no longer having issues with slide lock on the last round. Turns out it was opperator error and with my shooting grip with the thumbs foward technique I was engaging the slide stop and preventing the slide from locking back on the last round. I have fixed this problem by using the thumbs high technique. Just going to take some getting used to.

probelm 2 was failure to return to battery and FTE. Well I did have 3 failures to return to battery today within the first 50 rounds today but none after that. I'm sure you fellas are right in regards to the pistol is new and tight and needs to be broken in and I'm pretty sure I'm almost there. Had no FTE today so I am going to say problem solved with theese two issues.

Problem 3 was in regards to the grips. The SP2022 comes with 2 sets of girps medium( which come installed on the pistol from the factory ) and small( which come extra ). When I installed the small grips I was unable to dryfire the pistol in single action...i.e. the trigger would not reset when held to the rear after a DA pull. Well I said the hell with it, I like the medium grips that came on the pistol so why **** with it, whats that saying...if it aint broke dont fix it...yeah thats it.

Overall I am very happy with my new SP2022, as stated in the OP, it is the softest shooting 9mm I have ever owned, just to be clear I have owned the following (Glock19, Springfield XDm, S&W M&PC, and FNP USG-9) all were fantastic pistols with the exception of the glock which I could not stand ( sorry glock people ) but I now believe I am a Sig guy for life. I hope to get another one soon, this time a 229 in 9mm but you never know I might just pick up another 2022.

One quick question before I end this long post, I was told that a heavy gun grease is better for lubricating Sig pistols so I picked up some and greased the frame rails, top of barrel and trigger bar. My question is with the 2022, when you pull off the grips you gain access to a series of springs for which I do not know the name, should I apply any grease to the springs for better function or just leave them alone??? This is my first Sig and have no idea where theese should be lubricated...if there is any special areas???

Thanks for all your input guys

JR

C-grunt
08-02-11, 09:37
Id say lube it per the instruction manual.

chuckman
08-02-11, 13:05
I'm glad you were able to figure it out, and I am glad you did not have to send it back to SIG.