PDA

View Full Version : what not to do

Steve
08-02-11, 13:11
that said i use to work for this range as fun job yrs ago and norm is good soul and great guy but not as an INST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7W2oaS0IUc&feature=player_embedded

Moose-Knuckle
08-02-11, 17:06
How many people have been shot and killed with an "unloaded" gun now? :rolleyes:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-02-11, 17:33
Im currently in a class where the inst. thinks a double-checked firearm is OK to point at students. Not ok with me, ever. Thats what blue guns are for.

Terracoma
08-02-11, 20:46
Thats what blue guns are for.

This.

My instructor only did demonstrations in a perpendicular direction from the class, towards a silhouette target stapled to the opposite wall from the lobby. And even that was rare... I don't care how bad I wanted my carry license, I'd have collected my things and walked out of the room if other students or myself were getting knowingly muzzle-swept by the instructor.

Nothankyou.

SteyrAUG
08-02-11, 21:54
Im currently in a class where the inst. thinks a double-checked firearm is OK to point at students. Not ok with me, ever. Thats what blue guns are for.

I was once at a range where they had a big sign saying something to the effect of "All presentations of a firearm towards individuals will be treated as an actual threat and responded to accordingly."

Really made an impression on some of the LE guys who were there for some classes. People suddenly became very aware of the direction their muzzle was pointed at all times.

It might be the safest I've ever felt on a range.

SteyrAUG
08-02-11, 21:57

Had a guy get shot at the local academy years ago because they thought it was safe to practice retention drills with actual firearms simply because all the magazines had been removed.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-02-11, 21:58
I was once at a range where they had a big sign saying something to the effect of "All presentations of a firearm towards individuals will be treated as an actual threat and responded to accordingly."

I need a T shirt with that on it. I hope my demeanor displays at least a little...