PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy with Red Dot vs. Irons

turdbocharged
08-02-11, 15:51
So I've gotten used to the Irons on my 6920, and I feel pretty good about my accuracy and speed with them. However I hate that I can't keep both of my eyes open when shooting with it, so I'm considering saving up for a red dot.

Have any of you lost accuracy when switching to an Aimpoint H1 or T1 over Irons? Is there a learning curve? I feel like I have the offset figured out without thinking on my Irons, but watching other people at the last class I noticed that some of them are having offset issues with their red dots.

I was thinking of getting either a H1, T1, or a Trijicon RMR dual Illuminated optic, from Grant of course. My goals are a small and lightweight optic like those ones. I really really like the RMR since it requires no batteries and is extremely compact, yet I don't see it used here for a main sight by anyone.

Advice is welcomed,

Thanks,

Josh

YWHIC
08-02-11, 17:20
Maybe a Burris FF II or a Doctor in 3.5MOA would work.. (on sale at CDNN).. uses the Burris AR-F3 mount (of any Burris FF mount).

less than an ounce..

I shoot pretty good with irons (MBUS), but I still shoot better with my 3MOA red dot.. and more repeatable..