PDA

View Full Version : VTAC TRX Extreme Durability

huntsimp
08-03-11, 01:25
I have a 13" VTAC TRX Extreme on a 16" BCM Mid and was wondering if anyone has REALLY put one through the paces...

I'm thinking about conducting my own torture test if no one else has already done so.

I feel that traditional FF rail systems, such as DD offerings, are more robust due to mounting systems, but I am loving the lack of excess rails/"lightweight-ness" with the TRX's tube design.

I would love to give a DD MFR a shot if the TRX Extreme isn't holding up well...

Any input is appreciated.

jwfuhrman
08-03-11, 07:15
I know Travis Haley is running on on a 14.5 middy in his new training video. I've been running one on a 16in SS410 BCM middy upper for 2 years in 3gun and have 0 issues.

pilotguyo540
08-03-11, 17:15
I have had a TRX Extreme for about 18 months. I have no problems with mine. Its not exactly a wear item, so I am not sure where you are trying to go with this. I did learn a valuable lesson a week ago.... Don't forget the blue loctite when you install your rail sections. My only complaint is that I have to remove my FSB every time i want to change configurations.

huntsimp
08-03-11, 17:27
I need something that has rail modularity and can be put through hell.

pilotguyo540
08-03-11, 17:39
The VTAC is a good piece of kit. Just be forewarned that it uses a proprietary barrel nut. I have thoroughly abused mine and she doesn't mind.