PDA

View Full Version : How much has this site and other sites like it saved AR makers on warranty repairs?

ghostman1960
08-03-11, 09:39
Back in the day you had to call the factory and have your rifle sent in and then not see it again for 3 or 4 months.

Now with sites like M4carbine.net, you can type in what type of malfunction your rifle is experiencing and 9 times out of 10 the members here can come up with a fix that is easily doable by the owner.

Multiply that by the thousands of "help, my gun is ****ing up" posts and that adds up to hundreds of thousands of dollars saved by the manufacturers by not having to deal with the rifle being sent in to them for repair.

They should sponsor sites like this for that reason alone.

Just a thought.

yellowfin
08-03-11, 09:47
Preventive maintenance recommended here also cuts down on the problems. The easiest problem to fix is one you never have in the first place.

ARPATRIOT
08-03-11, 10:08
Preventive maintenance recommended here also cuts down on the problems. The easiest problem to fix is one you never have in the first place.

Well said!

товарищ
08-03-11, 11:03
Forums probably have a small impact. The majority of consumers are going to cry and run to the manufacturer because they're impatient.

*Paladin*
08-03-11, 11:10
How much has this site and other sites like it saved AR makers on warranty repairs?

A lot would be my guess. ;)

ARPATRIOT
08-03-11, 11:21
Forums probably have a small impact. The majority of consumers are going to cry and run to the manufacturer because they're impatient.

I think it'd be the opposite.I'm VERY impatient and the first place i go with most problems(with anything)is a forum to see if i can fix it first/quickly.

wahoo95
08-03-11, 11:38
AR's are not that difficult to build/maintain/repair as long as you have one made of quality parts to the correct specs. I see no need to send a rifle to the manufacturer when most issues can be easily corrected by adjusting or replacing an inexpensive part.

GunnutAF
08-03-11, 11:48
I would think based on the very simple design that the AR is equates to very few returned for warranty service! Cause 90% of the fixes require no tools. And unless you one of the few that don't reload for it then your warantee is void any way! :rolleyes: