PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Upper/Lower Matched Set

Travis B
08-04-11, 16:33
Since the older threads didn't address my question and I didn't want to dust them off with a bump, here's my question. Is there a benefit of getting a matched set over a separate lower and upper?

Todd.K
08-04-11, 16:49
We match the uppers to lowers for a snug fit. There is nothing wrong with a normal "loose" fit functionally but it bothers some people.

VLODPG
08-04-11, 20:06
I have a matched set & the fit is what I would call perfect.

I am able to disassemble without tools but it fits without any slop!

Well worth the money IMO.

I like my Noveske so much, after I pick up my trust, the matched set will be going home for the SBR treatment!

bp7178
08-04-11, 20:22
I had a Noveske matched set, and the fit was great.

I bought a Vltor MUR upper and the fit was fantastic.

For any type of a precision rig, I would recommend the MUR. It matches up to my DD RIS-II perfectly.

Travis B
08-04-11, 21:15
I have a matched set & the fit is what I would call perfect.

I am able to disassemble without tools but it fits without any slop!

Well worth the money IMO.

I like my Noveske so much, after I pick up my trust, the matched set will be going home for the SBR treatment!

Mine is going to be SBR'ed as well. I'm still debating on a Noveske or VLTOR upper so I guess if I go with the Noveske upper I'll get it's brother, too.

silviacrazed
08-04-11, 21:17
Mine is going to be SBR'ed as well. I'm still debating on a Noveske or VLTOR upper so I guess if I go with the Noveske upper I'll get it's brother, too.

I have the Vltor upper on a Noveske lower and the fit is amazing.

Sent from HTC EVO using taptalk

Hmac
08-05-11, 00:08
I have three Noveske matched uppers/lowers. Very precise fit, but none of the three lowers will work with any other uppers that I've tried, including each other.

richdkim77
08-05-11, 03:37
We match the uppers to lowers for a snug fit. There is nothing wrong with a normal "loose" fit functionally but it bothers some people.

Todd, are you guys going to offer the Gen 2's in matched sets down the road? Also are Gen 1's still going to be offered stripped? I always thought they were a great deal as blem's.

bankfraudguy
08-25-11, 12:03
Todd, are you guys going to offer the Gen 2's in matched sets down the road?

Ditto That. A gen II matched set would be very desireable to me.

Todd.K
08-25-11, 12:13
No plans to right now.

We want to get as many out as fast as we can, hand fitting uppers for fit is very time consuming.

Blowby
08-25-11, 21:36
Just an FYI: I purchased an upper and lower from different vendors and the fit between the two is great! The rear pin was a little tight and I needed a little brass punch to help it out on the initial start. After a few hundred rounds it's still a perfect fit and the rear pin is still tight but no tools needed.