10-30-07, 17:21
Any comments or reviews from TDI?

http://www.tdiohio.com/

dialM4murder
10-31-07, 17:07
:confused:

the1911fan
10-31-07, 20:54
While not having gone there myself I can only go by Ken Hackathorn giving TDI a high recommendation.

Blake
10-31-07, 21:36
I haven't heard a ton about them as far as LE/Military circles. I have heard a lot about them in other forums, and the reviews have been pretty good. I'm not sure that they do a lot of traveling, so there customer base MAY be restricted to people withing a half day of driving. I believe they have some good instructors with several years of LE experience, and a broad class offering. I read a solid review of them in a magazine a year or so back. Don't know if this helps, just some thoughts.

Erick Gelhaus
11-01-07, 02:53
The Oct '07 issue of SWAT has a review on it.

MX5
11-01-07, 05:53
Recommended! Excellent training facility and instructors. Several ranges, including pistol, carbine & rifle, 2 live-fire shoot houses, 1 force-on-force house & jungle lane. Overall, this is one of the best values out there for the dollars spent. John Benner & crew are experienced, knowledgeable and present a first rate curriculum. David Bowie of Bowie Tactical is one of the instructors.

The facility is located outside a small town in southern Ohio and you'll receive their recommendations for local lodging, which are very helpful. This is not a heavily populated, shopping mall type community.

Treehopr
11-01-07, 08:40
I'm reluctant to comment since I have no direct experience but a couple of classmates from a Pat Rogers AK class spoke highly of them.

One said he was able to do more @ TDI in one class than he did in two classes @ Thunder Ranch (TX).

YMMV

I'm planning on going when I can get my schedule deconflicted.

C4IGrant
11-01-07, 09:06
Good training!

C4

dialM4murder
11-01-07, 14:02
Think Im gonna drive down next spring/summer for some classes. :)

KintlaLake
11-01-07, 14:49
Think Im gonna drive down next spring/summer for some classes. :)

I have a lot of work to do between now and then, but that's my plan, too.

tiger seven
11-01-07, 15:05
Good training!

C4

That's good to hear. TDI is about the only place I've found that's reasonably close to where I live, and which suits my limited budget. With a bit of luck I may take some classes in 2008.

Derek

Lynn Freshly
11-03-07, 04:34
I am one of the instructors at TDI. If you have any questions, email me and I will be glad to answer them. Or if Dave sees this he may chime in also. I have been working there for about 10 years and Dave has been there for 14 years.

Lynn
coltm4@ameritech.net

dialM4murder
11-03-07, 07:00
I am one of the instructors at TDI. If you have any questions, email me and I will be glad to answer them. Or if Dave sees this he may chime in also. I have been working there for about 10 years and Dave has been there for 14 years.

Lynn
coltm4@ameritech.net

Thanks Lynn

xpd54
11-03-07, 19:58
I have taken TDI's Tac Rifle I and their Pistol III classes and I highly recommend them as a place to spend you're training money.

I've been to TDI, Storm Mountain and Blackwater and I've taken a class with Suarez. The quality of the instruction at TDI was just as good as the others and TDI was much better when it came to one on one instruction. The instructor to student ratio at TDI was 2 or 3 times what it was at the other classes (at least it was every time I was there).

You money will be well spent if you go train with Benner and his boys.

cfrazier
11-05-07, 09:57
I'VE TAKEN SEVERAL CLASSES AT TDI INCLUDING HANDGUN AND RIFLE CLASSES. JOHN, DAVE , LYNN AND CHRIS ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS TO LEARN FROM. THEY GIVE EACH STUDENT THE TIME NEEDED TO PICK UP ON NEW TRAINING TACTICS. I HOPE TO ATTEND THE PRECISION RIFLE CLASS IN 2008.
LYNN GOOD TO SEE YA ON THE SIGHT .

CHARLIE FRAZIER

Lynn Freshly
11-07-07, 04:11
I'VE TAKEN SEVERAL CLASSES AT TDI INCLUDING HANDGUN AND RIFLE CLASSES. JOHN, DAVE , LYNN AND CHRIS ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS TO LEARN FROM. THEY GIVE EACH STUDENT THE TIME NEEDED TO PICK UP ON NEW TRAINING TACTICS. I HOPE TO ATTEND THE PRECISION RIFLE CLASS IN 2008.
LYNN GOOD TO SEE YA ON THE SIGHT .

CHARLIE FRAZIER

Charlie,

Long time no see!! Good to hear from you.

Lynn

Jager
11-07-07, 06:16
I haven't been to TDI since '98, thats when I took Handgun II and Shotgun I and II. They were great classes, I had a fun and learned something too. Very nice facilities, professional instruction.