PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Order with Spikes and Get a BCM???

Rhat
08-05-11, 08:39
So, I have had a Spikes 16" Midlength Upper with 9" BAR rail on order for 3 months now and each time I get an update, it says it will ship in 2 weeks. I've heard that three times now.

I see the BCM 14.5" Midlength Upper with 9" DD Omega X rail is in stock again.

Here's my dilemma, I'm rather fine with the Spikes, but should I really spend another $250 and just get the BCM? Just getting opinions...

40Arpent
08-05-11, 08:43
on order for 3 months now and each time I get an update, it says it will ship in 2 weeks. I've heard that three times now.

Just that right there would make me happy to spend an extra $250 to get the BCM, and, IMO, you'll be getting a better upper in the process.

ARPATRIOT
08-05-11, 08:53
I'd cancel,but i don't like spiders!Also BCM's a site sponsor ;).

royal
08-05-11, 09:06
By all means, yes.

Mauser KAR98K
08-05-11, 09:39
I'd do it.

thebigx
08-05-11, 09:54
Definitely cancel the order with Spikes and get the BCM. If the site is showing in stock then it's in stock and ready for shipment.

For $250 you get BCM quality and a DD Omega X... It's worth it.

SWATcop556
08-05-11, 10:31
No contest and the BCM would be at your doorstep in about three days.

sammage
08-05-11, 10:32
Hmm, keep getting strung along, or get a great upper. If BCM's site shows it's in stock, you will have it next week.

wolf_walker
08-05-11, 11:13
Lucky you if they have it in stock, I'd jump if you have the dough.
My solution for this crazy backorder junk is just buy from a reputable distributor when they have stuff in. I've missed out on what I wanted from BCM twice now from nobody having anything available I wanted.
Such is life.

donwalk
08-05-11, 12:04
if you go to spikes.com you'll see on their homepage a letter of explanation to their customers...

i have a spikes M4 ST-22 (along with 5.56 uppers) and it was/is well worth the wait :)

SomeOtherGuy
08-05-11, 12:12
I like in stock and shipped quickly myself. On paper the specs are similar, of course, but the BCM/DD is quite well proven among the more prominent trainers etc.

Your experience sounds a lot like one I had with a Texas purveyor of DD products at attractive prices... and I got fed up with that too, but am completely happy with the DD quality.

Piss on Spikes!!!!!!!!!!!

How is this different from the TOS conduct that most of us like to avoid?

outrider627
08-05-11, 12:23
Spikes has been backed up like a MF'er for a while. Actually, a lot of manufacturers are these days. If BCM has what you want, and you can't wait any longer, go for it.

Grease Monkey
08-05-11, 12:45
Piss on Spikes!!!!!!!!!!!

glocktogo
08-05-11, 13:31
I don't know how many times I've posted this, but I swore off Spikes when I ordered a dediacted .22 upper and some BDM mags, they charged my CC up front without telling me, after quoting me a 6 week B.O. Yes, My bill was due before the order was even supposed to arrive. When I called them they said it would be another 6 weeks! I got a refund and canceled the order.

I don't do business with online merchants who do crap like this. You shouldn't either. I'd definitely recommend cancelling and you will not be sorry after getting the BCM, even at extra cost. :mad:

wolf_walker
08-05-11, 13:47
I don't know how many times I've posted this, but I swore off Spikes when I ordered a dediacted .22 upper and some BDM mags, they charged my CC up front without

My company's been doing that for fifteen years, it's not that unusual but some people have never run into it. You also find places that do a "capture" where it verifies your card is valid or that the funds are available and they complete the charge when the order ships, but it's a sloppy way to do things and we avoid it. I tell my customers when they question this that if you commit to buy it, I have to commit to paying people to make your order happen, it's as simple as that. I don't blame anyone that does not want to deal with that sort of thing though. Personally, I HATE when I order something with plastic and do NOT get charged right away, then I have to keep checking to make sure the order isn't lost or didn't go through or some such(and that I don't spend the money on something else). If the payment is made you've entered into a contract of sorts, if no payment is made, they don't owe you crap legally. Now if that payment isn't refunded promptly on request to cancel, that's a whole nother story...

I get about two people per-800 orders or so I guess that question it, it always takes us three days to a few weeks to ship. I had a guy that was one of those tell me he hosted an economics based radio talk show once and went on and on about it being an outrage. People are weird.

wolf_walker
08-05-11, 14:38
How is this different from the TOS conduct that most of us like to avoid?

It isn't. Both forums talk down about the same things that each other supposedly do. It's pretty funny. I read both, and I suspect a lot of other people do to. This place has some more "serious" AR guys, I do value that.

Dutchy556
08-05-11, 14:43
No contest and the BCM would be at your doorstep in about three days.

Exactly. It has been demonstrated by many shooters through their use and abuse of BCM products that BCM is one of the best manufacturers in the industry, and BCM is the choice of many SMEs and other well respected serious shooters.

So considering that, and actually being able to have your upper in hand vs. a seemingly endless wait time... yeah I'd pay an extra $250.

friendlyfireisnt
08-05-11, 14:52
I still have a bitter taste in my mouth after how Spikes raised prices in the middle of the night when Obama was elected and then tried to justify it by saying their costs went up.

Sure they did, in the middle of the night, which happened to be the night of the election. :angry:

I've been a happy customer of BCM for several years now and that's not about to change anytime soon. :D

Hatchie
08-05-11, 14:58
I think you may have answered your own question.
You've had your order in for 3 months and each time you check they tell you it will ship in 2 weeks and this has happened 3 times.
That would be enough for me. Everyone is backed up now, I get that but if it's gonna take a while tell me that.
I caught the BCM blemished lowers in stock and ordered one with the understanding it would be 3 to 5 weeks. I ordered on a Monday and it was here on the following Thursday.
You say you're fine with Spike's? Me too, I've even got a Spike's lower and have no complaints about it but I was standing on the line when Pat Roger's "Filthy 14" went over 40,000 rounds. I was impressed!!
Like I said, it sound like you want someone to tell you to do what you're already wanting to do.

Iraqgunz
08-05-11, 15:16
Continue to suffer blue balls from Spike's teasing or get a quality BCM upper. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Do it, do it.