PDA

View Full Version : EAG's AK Operators Course - Brady, TX

ashooter
10-30-07, 20:40
Course dates: 10-12 Mar 2008

http://www.eagtactical.com/courseschedule.asp

This course is designed to let the user of an AK get smart and comfortable with this weapon. The AK is – for a variety of reasons – the most prolific weapon in the world, but its design is less than optimal in ergonomics.
This course is a modification of the Foreign Weapons Course that Pat Rogers has taught for the military, and that was for those who had to train indigenous personnel as well as utilization of battlefield pickups.
To that end, a stone stock AK will work. However, if you want to bring optics, a Krebs modified AK, or whatever, out with you, please do. Any caliber AK is good to go for this class – 7.62x39mm; 5.45x39mm; 5.56x45mm.

Requirements:
# A serviceable AK type rifle
# Six (6) serviceable magazines
# A sling
# A means of carrying at least two (2) magazines on your body
# 1000 rds of serviceable ammunition for your carbine
# A cleaning kit and lube. If you are shooting corrosive ammunition, bring appropriate cleaning gear!
# A serviceable pistol; 3 magazines, holster and mag pouches

250 rounds of pistol ammunition

For a list of additional equipment, see the 3 Day Carbine Operators Course.

Cost will be $550, deposit $240. Payment in full is required 30 days prior to class, unless prior arrangements have been made. USG, DoD and other organizations can continue to pay with credit card and purchase order. Payment at classes can be accepted only under certain conditions and only if prior arrangements have been made.

Refer to the article entitled “Notes: Summer 2007” starting E.A.G.'s Home Page. If you have specific questions about this course, contact Pat Rogers at info@eagtactical.com.

In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens will be accepted to participate in E.A.G. Tactical courses.

shooter521
10-30-07, 21:24
A note - 1000 rounds is minimum and you'll most likely shoot more. I went through 1170 rounds at the Boone County (IN) class back in April, and that was only shooting one "extra" relay. Some guys shot more than I did. Plan accordingly; it would suck to miss out on first-class training like this due to lack of ammo!

ashooter
11-25-07, 13:17
The carbine course is full, but there are a few slots open in this AK course for anybody that still wants in!

Spooky130
11-25-07, 20:19
The carbine course is full, but there are a few slots open in this AK course for anybody that still wants in!

Glad I signed up early for BOTH!!!

Spooky

ashooter
11-25-07, 20:58
Glad I signed up early for BOTH!!!

Spooky

Hoorah!

Sorry you couldn't make it to Vickers' class... I'll be in touch re the "training day" in January! I'm SURE we can give you a few pistol skills to take home to practice, as well as a warm-up for Pat's classes.

Lloyd