PDA

View Full Version : fail zero vs lwrc

sdfmacross2
08-05-11, 20:33
I've been shooting aggressively for the last couple of years and have ran exclusively just AK platform weapons. I have attended Suarez International courses and other. I am wanting my first AR platform build. Please state pros and cons or any comments.

BCM lower, DD midlength CHF barrel, and fail zero upper

vs

LWRC m6a1 (are these CHF barrels)

LX200
08-05-11, 20:34
wrong place to ask. everybody here hates piston guns, and especially LWRC. people quickly learn to also bash LWRC even if they've never shot one, mainly to join in the mob mentality.

check out other forums where they have piston specific forums and ask there as well.

LWRC barrels are CFH, and then have the surfaces converted to NiCorr surface, better than chroming, and more accurate dimensions for final barrel.

Check out the new M6-SL rifle.... a midlength piston system with magpul bits on it.

keep in mind that all the elite military units chose piston driven systems like SCAR or HK416..... not DI guns when they get to chose.

GIJew766
08-05-11, 21:26
keep in mind that all the elite military units chose piston driven systems like SCAR or HK416..... not DI guns when they get to chose.

The military canceled the Mk16 contract because it did not give enough of an advantage over current M4/M16 pattern guns. As for the HK416, that project has been in the works for a LOOOOONG time and factors nothing into this conversation. Well, except for the fact that the folks who use the non-neutered HK416 are running full auto and suppressed. Just saying.

The reason most people have issues with the LWRC guns is multi-faceted. For one, a lot of it stems from the poor QC in the beginning and some shoddy customer service over the years. It also has something to do with a few hit or miss guns, like my sample of one. A smattering of minor issues (extractor issues, didn't like the H2 buffer, etc) kept me from enjoying it, so I sold it off. Considering it was not being run full auto, nor suppressed, there really was no reason for me to keep it.

H

SWATcop556
08-05-11, 21:50
This has drama and disaster written all over it.

120mm
08-05-11, 22:10
Ha! Douchebag meets douchebag and has a circle jerk on M4C.

I have indeed seen it all, now....

polydeuces
08-05-11, 22:49
Ha! Douchebag meets douchebag and has a circle jerk on M4C.

I have indeed seen it all, now....

Just pooped myself laughing.........
:jester: