PDA

View Full Version : Having some zeroing issues with a second generation Glock 19

Peacekeeper1408
10-31-07, 00:54
I have a second generation Glock 19 purchased back in '95 or '96. Since I've had it, I've had to adjust the rear sight all the way to the right to get it zeroed. I know everyone says that new shooters will shoot low and left (if right handed) with a Glock until they get used to it. I also shoot a G17 and a G26, but I don't have this problem with them. I can shoot nice 3" groups at 25 yards, but my sight is all the way to the right. Everyone that shoots this gun has the same results. Any ideas? I'm also thinking about have the frame switched out for a 3rd gen frame if Glock still offers that service.

Robb Jensen
10-31-07, 05:06
Most Glocks will shoot really close to center with the rear sight centered in the dovetail. My Glock 17 hits a little to the left at 25yds, so I've had to move it over to the right a little (about 1/8"). If yours has to move all the way to one side I'd suggest you let someone shoot it thats a better shot than yourself and see if they get the same result.

Peacekeeper1408
10-31-07, 09:47
Everyone I let shoot it has the same results. It doesn't hit just a little to the left, it's about 18" off. Elevation is spot on. This is from a sand bagged rest. At 50 yards, from a rest I'm not even on the paper of an IDPA target. With my G17 I can keep them all in the -1 zone of an IDPA target off hand at 50 yards. This is the only handgun out of about 20 I own that has this problem.

markm
10-31-07, 10:41
Contact glock, and send it in. :eek:

Failure2Stop
10-31-07, 12:32
I have had credible accounts of high mileage Glocks cracking the slide, and continue shooting. The problem was noted due to a distinct shift in POI. I would immediately have your pistol checked by a Glock Certified Gunsmith or send it back to Glock.

(I know it's supposed to be "GLOCK", but it's just dumb looking.)

ST911
10-31-07, 12:39
Just to be sure, which sight?

OEM? Send the gun in.

Aftermarket? Let's talk more.

With rare exception, the many Glocks I've seen and had require only a visual centering of the rear. Some stellar shooters can produce a difference of minute adjustment from center, but it's lost on me and mine. Any that would require adjustment off from center would be returned.

Peacekeeper1408
11-02-07, 02:06
I have meprolight sights on it now. Good point about having a crack. I'll look it over really good and see if I find something. Is there a particular area where this might occur?

Failure2Stop
11-02-07, 05:54
Check around the ejection port, especially in the corners. If your shots are off this much, it sounds like the right side may be cracked from ejection port all the way down to the raceway. Without seeing it thoug, whis is nothing better than a WAG. The crack may not be visible to the eye. I really super suggest that you contact a certified Glock dealer or Armorer and have them check it out.

However- If you have adjusable/aftermarket sights they could be the culprit. By your statements of marksmanship capability I assume that you have a certain level of competancy, so I won't dwell on it. I assume that you did check them. If not, just a quick check should reveal if there is an issue. Sometimes people unwittingly look over the obvious.

Peacekeeper1408
11-02-07, 10:59
I'm going to give Glock a call and have them check it out. I'm going to check on the frame swap also.