PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Cops Found Guilty...

SteyrAUG
08-06-11, 10:49
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/05/louisiana.danziger.bridge.shooting/

Five current or former police officers were found guilty Friday on a combined 25 counts of civil rights violations tied to fatal shootings on New Orleans' Danziger Bridge in the chaotic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Justice Department officials said.

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-11, 11:56
. . .a combined 25 counts of civil rights violations tied to fatal shootings on New Orleans' Danziger Bridge in the chaotic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Justice Department officials said.

I like how the term civil rights violations is used instead of murder. :rolleyes:

It's as if "violating one's civil rights" is worse than emptying a magazine in their back. As far as NO, their PD has the worst track record for corruption in the US. Then again I wasn't there so I'm not going to Sunday quarterback these guys as I'm sure after NO imploded it was chaos for all.

aaron_c
08-06-11, 12:34
The entire state of Louisiana has the worst track record for corruption in U.S. state government all together. It's sad.

11B101ABN
08-06-11, 13:24
I like how the term civil rights violations is used instead of murder. :rolleyes:

It's as if "violating one's civil rights" is worst than emptying a magazine in their back. As far as NO, their PD has the worst track record for corruption in the US. Then again I wasn't there so I'm not going to Sunday quarterback these guys as I'm sure after NO imploded it was chaos for all.

It was my understanding that the crux of the issue is that tupon thier arrival, they made zero attempt to assess the situation prior to engaging. The chaos of that day is also whay the charge of murder was not levied. Again, that was my undertsanding.

kmrtnsn
08-06-11, 17:36
The entire state of Louisiana has the worst track record for corruption in U.S. state government all together. It's sad.

That would make Louisiana Illinois' southernmost county then.

HK51Fan
08-06-11, 19:27
FYI.....Atlanta, Baltimore, and Detroit don't have much better track records!

Hmmmm let's see I bet if we could come up with a common denominator between these cities we might be able to tackle the problems! :no:

kmrtnsn
08-06-11, 20:38

It's as if "violating one's civil rights" is worst than emptying a magazine in their back. As far as NO, their PD has the worst track record for corruption in the US. Then again I wasn't there so I'm not going to Sunday quarterback these guys as I'm sure after NO imploded it was chaos for all.

To paraphrase a line from a movie, "it is not what you know, but what you can prove".

If you look up that particular federal statute you'll see that the potential penalties are the same as those for murder in many state courts.

Magic_Salad0892
08-07-11, 05:46
To paraphrase a line from a movie, "it is not what you know, but what you can prove".

Training Day?...

Littlelebowski
08-07-11, 06:16
That would make Louisiana Illinois' southernmost county then.

Well said.

cgcorrea
08-07-11, 07:32
Training Day?...

A Few Good Men.