PDA

View Full Version : Need help on switching 16" barrel on M&P 15, any barrel suggestions?

MistWolf
08-06-11, 17:59
Check with a company like ADCO to see how much they would charge to thread the muzzle and pin & weld a muzzle device to it. Might be cheaper and more practical than a new barrel

MSteele
08-06-11, 18:12
Check with a company like ADCO to see how much they would charge to thread the muzzle and pin & weld a muzzle device to it. Might be cheaper and more practical than a new barrel

Didn't even think of that will check it out, Thanks...

MSteele
08-06-11, 18:40
Want to switch out the factory 16" barrel on my M&P 15FS. The main reason for changing the barrel is because the M&P is a MA compliant and does not have a damn flash hider on it. After shooting it today I find myself very unhappy with the recoil, loudness and bright flash that takes seconds for my eyes to readjust and get back on target. I can have a flash hider but it needs to be fixed/pinned to the barrel. Can someone please suggest a good barrel to install, not looking to spend hundreds on it but definitely want something better if possible. Also if there are any specs I should no about please let me know as this is new to me.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

jet80tv
08-06-11, 21:13
HPT/MPI,4150 CMV. Try bravo company mfg. or Daniel Defense or spikes tactical