PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Comp ML's

Jake'sDad
08-06-11, 18:45
Looking through my stuff, I see that I still have 3 of the older Comp ML's. Should have gotten rid of them as I upgraded, but like usual, I packrat everything.

Is there anybody still using ML's? Are they still considered viable? Should I stick them on .22's, or?

aaron_c
08-06-11, 20:22
Are you talking the Comp ML2/ML3 models? Or were old ones just "Comp ML"?

Jake'sDad
08-06-11, 21:01
No, the original Comp ML's.

Iraq Ninja
08-06-11, 21:53
Very viable and useful. Only concern is battery life, but it is an aimpoint... enough said.

aaron_c
08-07-11, 12:01
I guess, really, the technology of an Aimpoint is relatively simple in terms of the fact that it's a red LED that gets reflected off lenses...so it should be every bit as accurate as any other Aimpoint right?

What's the battery life like on them?

Submariner
08-07-11, 14:35
I guess, really, the technology of an Aimpoint is relatively simple in terms of the fact that it's a red LED that gets reflected off lenses...so it should be every bit as accurate as any other Aimpoint right?

What's the battery life like on them?

The CompM/ML and XD versions had a two-piece body instead of the single tube which began with the M2 and latter models. It had a 7 MOA dot which was electrically reduced to 3 MOA.

For battery life, look here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=147).

The_War_Wagon
08-07-11, 15:23
I picked up a Comp M on the cheap recently, that I put on my TacSol .22LR Tactical Trainer. Mimics my M2, Pro, and T1 closely enough for that purpose!