PDA

View Full Version : Customer Conundrum

Rompnstomp
08-07-11, 00:14
Hey guys. I have a customer that wants an AR in .204 Ruger that is a MK12 MOD0/OBR clone...ish. What he wants mainly is the forend that piggybacks onto the M4 upper rail. If I could talk him into fiber glass this would be easy, PRI with ARMS rail. The problem is he is adamantly against fiber glass. I called Laruu and talked to Luke and was told they do not sell the OBR forend separately nor offer a .204 Ruger option. I have been researching and have not found many options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. (edited to note) We are looking at the RRA 24" bull bbl upper with the intention of removing the forend.

MistWolf
08-07-11, 10:50
It's either the PRI, CASV or a monolithic upper

Explain to your client the PRI isn't fiberglass, it's carbon fiber which is much tougher and stays cooler than aluminum. (Carbon fiber is used to make wing to body fairings on Boeing 737s. I believe it's also used to make the fuselage of Boeing's all composite 787 Dreamliner.) I have a PRI Delta handguard. It's light, rigid, tough and stays cool even when the barrel is hot. The only downsides are that it didn't come with the wrench needed for installation and it's a bit expensive