PDA

View Full Version : Glock slide movement while dry firing?

asme
08-07-11, 03:05
Pardon me if this is moving into glocktalk or "ar receiver jiggle" territory, but I figure this is the place to ask. Be gentle!

I recently installed an OEM 3.5 connector in my Glock 17. I very much like the reduced weight of the trigger pull, but I've noticed something odd while dry firing. As I move the trigger rearward, the rear of the slide "dips" a bit and on the release of the striker springs back up. It's much reduced with a dummy round and a magazine in, but it's very noticeable while dry firing empty to the point that it's messing with the sight picture.

Another person's youtube showing the phenomenon is here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHOlcNgqqhs)

I realize the nature of the Glock design lends itself to this sort of thing, what with the trigger bar pulling in the opposite direction of the recoil spring, so I wouldn't be surprised if this "dipping" phenomenon is entirely normal, but I figured I'd get some input from the community. So, wise community, is this entirely normal? Has anyone else experienced this consciously?

EzGoingKev
08-07-11, 10:36
The trigger bar holds back the firing pin. When you pull the trigger the rear of the trigger bar slides down the face of the firing pin. I would say the force exerted by the spring is causing enough drag to pull the slide down with it.

GermanSynergy
08-07-11, 10:56
It's normal, and other striker fired handguns do it as well.

JonnyVain
08-08-11, 07:58
Mine does it. No noticeable accuracy effects. Not that I'm very accurate anyway...