PDA

View Full Version : Best years for used Gen 3 G19

Yojimbo
08-07-11, 07:49
I understand there have been reliability issues with the newer production Gen3 G19. I can't remeber if it was just the dipped extractor or other production issues.

If you were looking for used Gen 3 G19 what serial number range would you look for?

Nephrology
08-07-11, 08:43
I understand there have been reliability issues with the newer production Gen3 G19. I can't remeber if it was just the dipped extractor or other production issues.

If you were looking for used Gen 3 G19 what serial number range would you look for?

I dunno. I wouldn't be too worried. My latest Glock is a Gen 3 G17RTF from 2009, serial #NLEXXX. I would be comfortable with that being my upper limit but twhatever honestly you are probably going to be OK.

2 "dipped" extractor guns here and not 1 extraction related failure (except when my EDP was installed backwards :lol:)

d90king
08-07-11, 09:02
If you are that concerned with the new extractor then look pre 2010 builds. It appears that is when the new parts started showing up. If you need a prefix chart go to GT.

That said, I have past the 7k mark on a early 2010 build 19 RTF2 without a single failure so though there have been very few reported issues on Gen 3's, I really wouldn't worry about. Glocks are still an extremely reliable gun. Even the Gen 4's are showing signs of running and running well. The latest Todd test is over 30k rounds with 6 stoppages and 0 malfunctions on a gun that is getting run hard.

I think much of this Glock talk has become way over blown in many cases. There are a few reports that have some merit and Glock is a total jerk off company to deal with directly (I'm not talking CS) and doesn't know there ass from a glory hole, but they still make a damn fine hard use fighting pistol.

Nephrology
08-07-11, 09:43
Edit: Double tap

JHC
08-08-11, 18:30
I think much of this Glock talk has become way over blown in many cases. .

d90king nails it yet again. Recent production RTF2 19, RTF2 17, and G26 here all run great. I would not worry about a new G 19 or any used G19 for that matter.

Wiggity
08-09-11, 17:56
Mine is a 2010 G19 w/RTF and night sights.

It had 2 FTE's in the first 60 rounds and has not malfunctioned since.

Palmguy
08-09-11, 18:00
Any...