PDA

View Full Version : IOR-Valdada 3x25 CQB tactical scope

das028
10-31-07, 09:01
What do you guys know about this scope?

How does it compare to aimpoint, eotech, and the acog.

Thanks in advance fellas?

das028
11-02-07, 23:47
anybody?

beantamug
01-15-08, 21:27
I'd like to know too. Anyone out there??

Low Drag
01-15-08, 23:11
I don't have the 3X unit but the 1.1 to 4X w/CQB reticle.

I LIKE this scope. It has BDC for the M855 rd and works great at CQB out to mid range. I've used the BDC out to 600 yard with good results.

But can't answer directly on the optic you're looking at. But I do like my IOR.

WasatchAR
01-16-08, 19:48
I have a 3X25 IOR. I work for one of the major sight manufactures, and I will refrain form telling you to STOP RIGHT THERE and buy one of our sights!:D I like my IOR a lot. I dig the reticle. They have great glass, with excellent light transmission, and they are as tough as nails. I only have two negatives in my personal expirence. It dose have some weight to it. I would recommend running it on a lighter rifle, and the illuminated reticle is bright in its lowest setting. This is a non issue in daylight, but at night I personally would like it to go a bit lower in brightness.

El Mac
05-14-09, 23:34
I'm reviving this thread...

Does anyone have any more experience with this set up? Pics anyone - preferably on your rifle?

Jeremy
05-15-09, 21:02
I ran one for a while on my DPMS .308. I had no complaints with it. It was bright, held zero, and did everything I asked of it. I sold it as I changed the gun to a precision rig and the 3X scope didn't fit the bill. The built in mount was too tall for use on my XCR.

I like IOR's so much that I have bought a 2-12 and a 3-18.

I am really interested in the new IOR 1/4.

If you go with an IOR, give Scott @ Liberty Optics a ring.

El Mac
05-15-09, 23:47
Jeremy,

Thanks for the info. Did you by chance have any issues with the non-centering reticle?

Jeremy
05-16-09, 15:19
I did not and anybody that knows me will tell you I am anal about my gear. They even made a joke award for me at the last PD banquet for most analytical about gear.

I would realy look at the 1/4 as it is going to be the same size and weight roughly as the fixed 3 and you get basically two scopes. The only thing I don't like about it is that the adjustments are .1 mil. This in itself is not a problem, but I like all my scopes to be consistent and the others are 1/4 MOA.

At least the 3x had reasonably sized target knobs.

El Mac
05-16-09, 16:16
Jeremy, I've held both the 3x and the new 1x/4x. Both are chunky, the 1/4 being about half again as heavy as the 3x. I am definitely more interested in the 1/4 but not sure I'm willing to wait another year for the thing to come out. I know they promised it April...and now June...but when will it really come out? No one knows evidently.

Jeremy
05-16-09, 20:48
As long as the weight isn't more than a RDS, magnifier, and two mounts then it shouldn't be a big deal. The weight of IOR optics has never really bothered me.

El Mac
05-17-09, 00:09
As long as the weight isn't more than a RDS, magnifier, and two mounts then it shouldn't be a big deal. The weight of IOR optics has never really bothered me.

It doesn't bother me either, I was just passing on the info. I like 'em, at least what I've seen of them. My only wish was that they had a better illuminated reticle for day work.

ccoker
05-18-09, 15:59
I had both gens of the 1.1-4 CQB
the reticle was too bright for night use for me (hog hunting)