PDA

View Full Version : Arredondo Magazine well for M4 has anyone installed one?

MSteele
08-07-11, 23:08
After reading an article in Tactical Weapons about this I have been interested in installing one. Has anyone installed one on their carbine and is it worth it?
I guess anything that makes reloading faster is a good thing IMHO...

Dirtyboy333
08-07-11, 23:12
probably get better results if you post a link.;)

im going to search it to find out what it is.

ETA: No way, for the same reason as Pax. Its also fugly and dumb as shit.

Pax
08-08-11, 00:22
Unnecessary. Extra weight that can be shed with training. As usual, go out and shoot the gun. If your local range wont allow speed/dry reload drills/rapid fire/fire while standing/any of the above, just practice the loading motion at home on empty mags, or better yet, take some training courses that focus on this type of action specifically. Keep in mind where your reload will be coming from in a realistic scenario and practice drawing the mag from that area. And keep your reloads straight. First time I ran live fire drills I had mags in an injection molded holster on the thigh, Kydex on the hip and Nylon on the torso. Mag was empty and I was left fumbling with gear trying to decide between a thigh and a hip mag. Dont do that. Remember to slow it down and calm down when the mag's feed lips reach the base of the magwell. This is where most people fumble reloads, trying to jam a mag in there at the speed of light and repeatedly failing.

MSteele
08-08-11, 00:57
It is pretty damn ugly and can be replaced with training. Reloading isn't usually an issue but sometimes it just catches the wrong way and it drives me nuts, More practice needed.