PDA

View Full Version : Different Switchblock question

308sako
08-08-11, 15:26
I have been using mine with an AAC SPR-M4 on an 18" rifle gas Rock barrel and find that after as little as 30 rounds the "switch" portion is near impossible to turn even with the supplied wrench... Is this common?

Todd.K
08-08-11, 17:29
Use some solvent and work it a few times. If you use oil it combines with the carbon and gunks up faster so don't oil it.

308sako
08-09-11, 12:47
Use some solvent and work it a few times. If you use oil it combines with the carbon and gunks up faster so don't oil it.

That may very well explain what is happening.

Thank you Todd.

Toxicodendron
08-09-11, 18:18
I have had the same problem with mine. No oil and while it's warm I move it through all 3 position's. Once that is done it is free as a bird.

I have been using mine with an AAC SPR-M4 on an 18" rifle gas Rock barrel and find that after as little as 30 rounds the "switch" portion is near impossible to turn even with the supplied wrench... Is this common?

308sako
08-10-11, 17:49
I have had the same problem with mine. No oil and while it's warm I move it through all 3 position's. Once that is done it is free as a bird.

Thanks for this tip, I have cleaned it out using Kroil and carburetor cleaner spray, and the motion while better isn't acceptable as yet. I will shoot it on Friday and try your trick while she's warm.