PDA

View Full Version : Dave Sevigny Leaves Glock

F-Trooper05
08-08-11, 23:42
Guess he got sick of the Gen 4's too.

Sensei
08-09-11, 00:22
http://gunnuts.net/2011/08/08/dave-sevigny-leaves-team-glock/

This should be interesting since he has been representing Team Glock for so long. I wonder how he will handle the transition to a new platform.

opmike
08-09-11, 04:49
[url] I wonder how he will handle the transition to a new platform.

Probably just as well as all the other competition shooters that have migrated around to various different handguns throughout the years.

Trajan
08-09-11, 04:53
Already posted in the competition section.

Are competition shooters significant enough that what gear they use matters for a company?

rob_s
08-09-11, 05:06
Already posted in the competition section.

Are competition shooters significant enough that what gear they use matters for a company?

Not sure, but certainly the name-dropping is important. Since I shoot a variety of different types of events it's interesting to eavesdrop on the conversations of the regulars while there. The "tactical" crowd is typically name-dropping the latest instructor du juor while the competition crowd is typically name-dropping their favorite sponsored shooter.

I don't know if that translates into "Dave Sevigny stopped shooting a Glock so I'm going to go get whatever he shoots next" and I certainly hope most people are smart enough to realize that they shoot what they are paid to shoot, and the fact that they do it so well is a testament to their ability (and more often, dedication) not to the hardware they are using.

Robb Jensen
08-09-11, 05:12
Guess he got sick of the Gen 4's too.

He used Gen 3 Glocks.

Sam
08-09-11, 06:07
Wow, this is a big shock. I just saw Mr. Sevigny at a local USPSA match Sunday in his Glock uniform. I guess this leaves Glock with only female shooters (Tori Nonaka and Randi Rogers).

My guess is he's going to shoot for S&W since they have both striker fired pistols and 1911s so he can shoot anything from the Single Stack Classic, Steel Challenge to IDPA.

It seems that Glock is very prohibitive in allowing their sponsored shooters to accept sponsorship from multiple vendors. Watch their uniforms, they only say Glock on them. Look at other pro shooters, they have a billboard of advertisers logo on their shirts.

Good luck to David, I'm sure he will do well wherever he goes.

Since there's another thread in the competition forum, I will close this one. Please post your responses in the competition thread. Thanks.