PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Raffle for Friend Prize is a NIB KAC SR15 E3

Hootiewho
08-09-11, 09:47
MODS, I cleared this with Grant prior to posting.

Guys,

Me and my wife are putting together a benefit for a good friend of ours whose family who is going through some rough times right now. My Buddy, whom is a South Carolina State Trooper, has a brother, Adam Duncan, who recently come down with pneumonia and through complications it did irreparable damage to his heart. He did not have health insurance. Adam is in his early 30’s and has always been healthy & fit, worked out all the time, but is now confined to sitting/laying as his heart cannot put out enough for him to get around. He is currently living with a heart functioning at around 10%. He is awaiting a donor for a transplant. The community has come together to do various benefits for him, but I felt the gun community could really show some support, as these are good people.

So here’s the deal; I had my dealer, Bryan Price of Price’s Guns in Greenwood, SC (shameless plug for Bryan BTW as he is THE MAN for getting this rifle ordered in such a quick manner) get a brand new in the box black Knight’s Armament SR15 E3 for a drawing to be given away on November 1st 2011. I will sweeten the pot with a few extras that will be kept a surprise until the drawing. The drawing will be video taped and put on youtube so no one will cry shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6VFtqJCRhk

We also plan on having a trustworthy figure in the community (TBD) do the drawing, so it is fair. I will be selling tickets locally, as well as online. If you are interested helping a family out and would like a chance to win one of the top of the line AR’s on the market, an Knight’s SR15 E3, the tickets will be $15/each. You need to make sure you can own this rifle in your state should you win. I will cover shipping to your dealer if your ticket should be drawn, so if you are drawn I will need a copy of your dealer’s FFL for my dealer to ship to. I will be doing this a bit old school, so I will need you to mail payment, number of tickets you want, a self address stamped envelope (for stub return) to:

Chad Latham
PO Box 5563
Anderson, SC 29623

Make check or money order made payable to
Darcie Latham (Sec of Finance at my house)

Once I receive your payment, I will return mail you a ticket stub for your records. I can also scan & email you a copy to make sure you get your stub number if you would like. Just be sure to include your email address and a note that you would like this done.

We really appreciate your help, as does Adam and the Duncan family. I will get a few pictures of the rifle posted later this week. If you have any questions, contact me at
chadlatham@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
Chad

Scoby
08-09-11, 11:09
Chad

Brings some tickets on Saturday. I'll take a couple.

Hootiewho
08-22-11, 09:45
I would like to thank those who have supported this thusfar. Here is a few pics of the rifle and the Eagle case that goes with it. It will also come with a BFG VCAS Sling, and a few other goodies.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153/hootiewho6933/SR151SMALL.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q153/hootiewho6933/SR152SMALL.jpg

Mr. Goodtimes
08-22-11, 11:12
Chad, great rifle for a great cause. I'm down for a couple tickets next pay check. The rifle is cool but the cause is great. Prayers out for Adam that he sees a full recovery. I can't imagine not being able to run/row/lift etc.

mtdawg169
08-22-11, 11:16
I've been looking for this thread. Thanks for bumping it, it was a good reminder that I need to get a check in the mail!

Alex V
08-22-11, 11:17
I hate living in NJ lol

If the FFL was willing to pin the stock at perm a BattleComp at my cost should I win, I would buy a couple tickets. :-(

Either way, good luck for a good cause.

SeriousStudent
08-22-11, 14:45
Bless everyone involved in this effort. I hope that the Trooper receives his operation soon.

I'm in for a ticket.

SWATcop556
08-22-11, 15:16
Chad do you prefer to have just members participate in the drawing or can mods thrown in too? I'm always down to help a LE brother. The rifle would just be a fringe benefit.