PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Post Ban Upper

ranger2
08-09-11, 15:36
I'm stuck. Analysis by paralysis has got me by the balls.
I live in a Post Ban state and I'm having trouble procuring a :
14.5" car
CL
FF rail
LP Gas block or folding GB sight
muzzle break
I run steel (wolf, BB) ammo
I need it within a month

I was going to go with PSA 14.5'' Midwest 5C1 Upper but they are not in stock

They don't know when they will be and even then can't promise they will attach the brake. "Depends on how busy the armory is" So I can't rely on them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but BCM and Spikes would take too long.
I can do the build but I can't personally permanently attach the brake so I need it to come that way. Even if I got a 16" I would need the brake attached.

Who can get me what I need?
Give me advice, I have my head so far up my ass right now I can't think straight. My mind is a cluster #$%.
I am not locked in on that config and am willing to compromise

If I went with a 2 piece FF rail I could look at
Who sell 14.5" barrels only, with perm attached muzzle device?
Who am I not thinking of?
What am I not thinking of?
Please advice.
Thanks
R

Erik 1
08-09-11, 15:49
I'm in CT. I just purchased a Daniel Defense 14.5 LW, mid-length 1/7 twist barrel with BattleComp 1.5 permed on and LP gas block through Adco (http://www.adcofirearms.com/). It looks like he's got a carbine version of that barrel in stock at the moment. $530 total, easy to deal with and total time under two weeks. It would have been less but I had to wait for the VTAC Extreme rail I ordered to get to me so I could send him the barrel nut (that took about three days from order to receipt, IIRC). I got my upper receiver at a local dealer for less than retail. Total time, 3 days from ordering to picking it up (it's manufactured right up the road). HTH

ETA: The BCG came through G&R and was received within a few days of placing the order.

ranger2
08-09-11, 16:46
Nice set up.
I'm looking into ADCO now.
Thanks

JW1069
08-09-11, 19:37
It's hard to beat a BCM 14.5" mid length upper with a perm attached FSC556. Here's one in stock now with a DD Lite 12" rail.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-14-5-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-Defense-p/bcm-urg-mid-14%20ddl12.htm

I have also gone the route of getting an upper with the FSB and dremmelling it off myself (not a difficult DIY project at all).

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-14-5-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-Defense-p/bcm-urg-mid-14%20ddox9.htm

ranger2
08-09-11, 21:21
Alright great.
At this point I'm leaning to the DD with ADCO ... save some chedda, buy more ammo, more classes...

Erik 1
08-10-11, 08:09
If you want that rail system, the math on the BCM upper works out pretty well, even after a permed muzzle device, and it will save you assembling the upper. It wasnt in stock when I pieced mine together, and isn't quite what i decided I wanted, but it's a really good alternative and would have saved me having to acquire some tools and (I hope) knowledge that I didn't already have.