PDA

View Full Version : Just pulled the trigger on a LE6920. Rail system?

strongisland
11-01-07, 10:39
First let me say hello to all. I came across this forum a month ago and really enjoy the information and topics here. I'm on a E.R.T. in Illinois and the information from the forum helped me decide on the Colt LE6920, should be delivered tomorrow. I plan on installing a quad rail system and would like to know which of the two, DD Omega rails or Troy rails, would be my best bet. I'm looking for a simple application thats tough and dependable. If any others systems come recommended please advise.

Thanks,
T.

Failure2Stop
11-01-07, 10:46
Excellent choice in weaponry, bravo zulu, welcome to the site.

I would recommend the DD Omega, of the two choices you provide.

However:
What do you need the rail to do for you? Are you just going to mount a light and a VFG? If that's all, there are much more cost effective means.

Whatever though, enjoy your rifle- beat it up!

Sry0fcr
11-01-07, 11:44
I'd go DD.

strongisland
11-01-07, 11:48
Definitely installing a lite and VFG

Failure2Stop
11-01-07, 12:08
You could go an easier way, not saying that you must, but you could just get the mounting kit and put your VFG and TacLight where you want them on your stock handguard. Much cheaper and more flexable.

However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buyng a nice DD rail system.

flyfishdave
11-01-07, 12:55
I recently was in your position and went with the DD 7.0 lite rail system, which has that continuous, uninterrupted portion of rail on top. However, I will say that my 6920 must have had the FSB taper pins and barrel nut installed by some 1200 lbs gorilla. After pounding out the pins and removing the nut, installation went smoothly and was worth the effort. Nevertheless, I think the new DD Omega system will be a product I will consider on my next build.

Shihan
11-01-07, 13:49
I recently was in your position and went with the DD 7.0 lite rail system, which has that continuous, uninterrupted portion of rail on top. However, I will say that my 6920 must have had the FSB taper pins and barrel nut installed by some 1200 lbs gorilla. After pounding out the pins and removing the nut, installation went smoothly and was worth the effort. Nevertheless, I think the new DD Omega system will be a product I will consider on my next build.

The DD Omega goes on like regular handguards so there is no need to remove the FSB or mess with the barrel nut. The Omega design also gives a continous top rail.

flyfishdave
11-01-07, 14:40
Sorry, poor diction on my part...

to avoid hammering out the FSB taper pins on my next build, the DD Omega rail will be given serious consideration as the ease of installation along with the continuous rail feature can be had w/o the installation hassles.

Lesson learned....Colt taper pins are really in tight!!!

condition 1
11-01-07, 15:25
Take a look at Knights RAS, easy to install, no mods. to your gun, there all over sand land, I think G&R tac. has some in stock. I like mine just fine. :)

C4IGrant
11-01-07, 15:33
Take a look at Knights RAS, easy to install, no mods. to your gun, there all over sand land, I think G&R tac. has some in stock. I like mine just fine. :)

Good choice here as is the DD Omega and the Troy.

If you want the lightest user installed FF rail, the Omega is the winner followed by the Troy IMHO. If you don't need/want a FF rail, then the KAC RAS is a good idea.

C4

QuickStrike
11-01-07, 16:42
After reading this thread and doing a search for 30 minutes, I just ordered DD's omega handguard for my 6920.

*sighs*

Eric Rice
11-02-07, 23:48
After reading this thread and doing a search for 30 minutes, I just ordered DD's omega handguard for my 6920.

*sighs*

Thank you! I'm confident you'll be happy with your choice.

QuickStrike
11-03-07, 00:17
Thank you! I'm confident you'll be happy with your choice.

Ordered it from Grant and can't wait to get it!

Thanks for coming up with a quality 2 piece, I've been searching around for one. :cool:

Shihan
11-03-07, 03:18
Ordered it from Grant and can't wait to get it!

Thanks for coming up with a quality 2 piece, I've been searching around for one. :cool:

Your going to like it, I have 2 Omegas sitting on the shelf awaiting my LMT shipment. Normally its the uppers that are behind, this time they are waiting for the BCG's to get back from being phosphated. I decided to keep 2 -16"ers out of this shipment as the wait is getting longer for the stuff from LMT as more learn about them and the closer we get to election time. I have 2 boys that will need them someday if they get get them out of my greedy hands;)