PDA

View Full Version : DARN YOU(GRANT)M&P9mm

MR.J
11-01-07, 11:13
:D Well with that last thread, I went ahead and orderd a full size M&P 9MM.I was going to hold out for a few yrs to buy one ,but screw it, i cant wait that long.:D .Let you know how it goes after 1500 round's (one range trip).:D :cool:

C4IGrant
11-01-07, 11:24
:D Well with that last thread, I went ahead and orderd a full size M&P 9MM.I was going to hold out for a few yrs to buy one ,but screw it, i cant wait that long.:D .Let you know how it goes after 1500 round's (one range trip).:D :cool:

:D

One more conversion under my belt!

C4

MR.J
11-01-07, 11:39
:( Yes you got me.:( ..But im still going to keep my Glocks.;) ...at least for now.:D

condition 1
11-01-07, 15:45
I have been doing a little tire kicking myself. double darn it !

MR.J
11-01-07, 16:21
I know, all this talk of M&P this M&P that .. darn it, ill just get one so i quit hearing it in my head while im trying to sleep at night.;) :D

MR.J
11-01-07, 16:27
Also, as of today,S&W is doing a $50 mail in(cash) rebate plus 2 FREE mags when you buy an M&P pistol.:) :cool:

MR.J
11-06-07, 22:04
I just picked up my M&P monday:cool: and will take it out this wed.Ill put 1500 rounds through it to get it nice and hot.:D

MR.J
11-08-07, 11:53
Well got out wed to shoot it,Went about 1500 rounds in 2 1/2 hours.No malfunctions, the barrel was hot enough to burn a little when i was relubeing it(every 500 rounds),I was hitting where i was pointing at 5,10,15,25 yrds.Over all i think this is a VERY good pistol.. (this is comeing from a Glock guy):D thanks to Grant and other members here for turning me on to this pistol.Also, One more note ,this will NOT be replaceing my Glocks nor will i get rid of any of them,but the M&P is a damn FINE pistol.:cool:

M4arc
11-08-07, 12:36
1500 rounds in 2.5 hours?

Robb Jensen
11-08-07, 13:44

I know...........I'm thinking.............just maybe........far fetched (or exaggerated).

When I practice rapid fire shooting drills about 250-300 rounds in an hour (I have 11 mags and 2 M&P9 pistols) during fast shooting the takedown lever burns the hell out of my weakhand thumb. When it's gets uncomfortable to hold (too hot) I switch pistols.

Dport
11-08-07, 13:44

My finger would cramp up on me in that amount of time. I hope he had friends shooting it too!

Not to mention, how many magazines would you need?

ETA: That's 600 rounds per hour. 10 rounds a minute, average. If you stopped to lube it every 500 rounds that would eat into that time.
Not to mention taking time out to reload the magazines, hang targets, etc.

I think it is certainly possible, but it would serve no other purpose than to stress the gun.

MR.J
11-08-07, 14:33
8 mags and a lula loader and yes i was just shooting pretty much as fast as i could, I was shooting at an IDPA/human siloet(sp) targets, (maybe it was close to 3 hrs.. sue me):rolleyes: ;)I was trying to stress this pistol .. as i do my other pistols when they are new.Please sir(,GotM4) dont call BS on me as i dont take someone who is thinking that i am not telling the truth lighty(just like you wouldn't). If you dont beliveve me fine then dont .. lol no biggie , but it is what it is.:)

Robb Jensen
11-08-07, 15:22
8 mags and a lula loader and yes i was just shooting pretty much as fast as i could, I was shooting at an IDPA/human siloet(sp) targets, (maybe it was close to 3 hrs.. sue me):rolleyes: ;)I was trying to stress this pistol .. as i do my other pistols when they are new.Please sir(,GotM4) dont call BS on me as i dont take someone who is ASSumeing that i am not telling the truth lighty(just like you wouldn't). If you dont beliveve me fine then dont .. lol no biggie , but it is what it is.:)

Lighten up.................the story just kinda smells funny, did you wear gloves?

MR.J
11-08-07, 15:42
Sorry, im not mad or worked up,no harm :), No, but i have a big A$$ blister on my right hand middle finger:( :D .I did bring gloves (did not use them) i just used some thick band aid's on my finger.My left foot hurts also from standing on that cement floor for soo long,:D but my fingers are fine.I used to shoot 4k a month ar-15/ak's(total amout, not through each,just plinking, nothing tactical);) so i am used of this much fire for that long of time,at least my finger is .. not my foot.:D

MR.J
11-08-07, 15:48
Also that LULA pistol loader(Thanks Grant)works fast on loading those mags.;) :D :cool: