PDA

View Full Version : Southern Exposure Training hosts SDI Tactical for a Defensive Mindset Handgun Course

Mike729
11-01-07, 11:50
Seems like our very own SYMPLYDYNAMIC is taking a tour of the ol' Home State!:cool:

I called SE and spoke with Irv Lehman, to inquire about the 2008 schedule, since I've been trying to plan some classes for '08 and he mentioned this one being almost sold out.

This is from the email that Irv sent out:

"Sound the trumpets!

Now for the new class just added this week. I am having Travis Haley of
www.sditactical.com in to do a three day Mindset Handgun class.

I am sure you will be impressed with this class as it will give you a slightly different piece of the puzzle from a different perspective, perhaps another tool for you.

As our military is fighting more and more at close distances this type of training becomes more useful for the civilian market, this is not training to fight at 300 meters but spitting distance and further. There will be a night shoot the second day and there will be a section using a vehicle as a prop. Topics to be covered are: Defensive mind set, Proper gear selection and set up, Shooting stance, Grip, Axis and mechanics of recoil, Sight alignment, sight picture (electronic sights), Trigger control, Speed reloads and tactical reloads, Malfunctions, Strong and weak hand shooting, Shooting on the move (all directions), Different shooting positions (standard and improvised), Intuitive shooting, Multiple target engagements,Barricade/obstacle shooting including vehicles.

This is a class that will require prerequisites as it is not a beginners class. Please advise and I can inform you if you meet the prerequisites and send you the class app. all booking are through Southern Exposure.
Three days for $450.00. March 29 - 31, 2008."

Southern Exposure Training hosts SDI Tactical for a Defensive Mindset Handgun Course on March 29th through the 31st, 2008

Defensive Mindset Tactical Handgun

This course is a moderate intensity course designed for more of the intermediate shooter who already posses the basic handgun fundamentals. This course will be a will have a maximum allowance of 20 students.

This is designed for all levels but require proof of prior basic pistol training. No matter what your level of experience is, other tactical courses completed, competing in IPSC, IDPA, CCW, NRA etc., this course will challenge you.

This course teaches methods that inculcate dynamic responses to critical stress incidents by incorporating a defensive mind set with our shooting fundamentals, drills, and scenario based training.

Date/Time
March 29th-31st 2008.
09:00-till completion. Please show up 15 minutes prior to class start.

12425 Old Dade City Road

Kathleen, FL 33849
Phone: 305-934-1818
www.southernexposuretraining.com

Topics and practical application covered in this class:
· Defensive mind set.
· Proper gear selection and set up.
· Shooting stance.
· Grip.
· Axis and mechanics of recoil.
· Sight alignment, sight picture (electronic sights)
· Trigger control.
· Speed reloads and tactical reloads.
· Malfunctions.
· Strong and weak hand shooting.
· Shooting on the move (all directions)
· Different shooting positions (standard and improvised)
· Intuitive shooting.
· Multiple target engagements.
· Barricade/obstacle shooting including vehicles.
· Reality drills and scenario base training
· Reflexive fire drills.

Ammunition:
· 1000 rounds.

General gear list
· Ear and eye protection. We recommend electronic ear pro headphones.
· Long pants.
· Covered shoes (must have good traction).
· Belt. (riggers belts or hardened gun belts are recommended)
· Knee and elbow pads are optional.
· Some type of concealment garment (vest, long shirt, jacket, etc…)
· Hand held flash light for low light shooting.
· Weapons light. (optional)
· Gun oil.

Pistol gear list

· Serviceable auto loading pistol which must be 9mm or larger. (Must be a production type gun. Modifications are find but no IPSC or tricked guns.
· At least 3 serviceable 10rd magazines. Five is ideal for lease reload time.
· Holster. Drop holster is okay but not necessary unless it is a duty holster.
· At least one double mag pouch(s).

· Weapons Light for low light shooting. (optional, but then must have a handheld light)

Cost
· $450
· Payment can be made to: SOUTHERN EXPOSURE TRAINING.

For registration please contact:
· Irv Lehman, Class Coordinator bigsfish@bellsouth.net

Southern Exposure Training
12425 Old Dade City Road
Kathleen, FL 33849
Phone: 305-934-1818

rob_s
11-01-07, 11:52
I will be there. :D

Mike729
11-01-07, 12:01
I will be there. :D

Excellent timing for me, since I have a Bruce Gray 3 day handgun class next week! Good fundamental prep for this one......

BTW, thanks for all your work and hospitality Tuesday night at the TSSA O&Q. My thanks to Nat (SO), as well.....

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
11-24-07, 00:29
Course is sold out!

Thanks guys and see you there.

Travis

Mike729
02-06-08, 11:27
Per Irv Lehman from Southern Exposure Training, a slot has become available in this class, as one of the students is unable to take the class due to being called to go work for Uncle Sam.

Slot may still be available...